TSA PSA

I had no idea making popcorn on the stovetop was so easy! We recently bought a bag of Arrowhead Mills popcorn and followed the package instructions – 3 tbsp of oil, 3 kernals. When the kernals pop, you add 1/3 cup kernals and cover. Allow them all to pop until the popping slows (just like the microwave variety) and you’re done! Dress up any way you like – melted butter and sea salt, cinnamon and sugar, or smoked paprika (!) I am thinking some homemade kettle corn needs to be in our future!

Me a million years ago with an airplane!

How many of you guys have TSA PreCheck for traveling through airport security? It never occurred to me to apply for it because I heard you had to go to a formal interview (aka hours of time and probably not offered locally). Plus, I don’t travel that much, but after Tina mentioned in a recent post that it only took her a few minutes to apply and she had the interview in her hometown, I decided to look into it.

As it turns out, the whole process was MORE than easy. Here are the steps I took for both Thomas and myself:

  1. Filled out an online application (time = 5 minutes)
  2. Scheduled the “interview” for the following day at 11 and 11:10 am for the both of us at the DMV less than a mile from our house.
  3. Showed up with our passports for the “interview” which was actually just proving identity, signatures, and getting fingerprinted.
  4. Paid $85 each (good for 5 years)

Done and done. It was SO EASY! For some reason I thought the interview was literally someone grilling you with 100 questions (not that I have anything to hide, but still). The fingerprinting process was a breeze, and the lady who helped us was super nice and jokey.

I have heard that sometimes the TSA lines don’t really save you that much time, but the biggest pro to doing this in my opinion is you don’t have to take off/out your shoes, coat, laptop, toiletries, food, Kindle, etc. etc. The whole security process, while important, is such a drag. So I am thrilled to hopefully pass through without the hassle next time.

Oh, and kids under 12 can go with you!

The post TSA PSA appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2oAiObz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049