Sittin’ On Eggs

My favorite way to eat eggs lately? Via French toast! This was using Great Harvest Cinnamon Chip bread. Oh-so-good! I put some melted pumpkin spice butter (by Land O’Lakes) on top.

After missing a few strength classes last week, I was back in the (kettlebell) swing of things. It felt good to get in consistent workouts this week: strength Monday and Wednesday (always the hardest days), Elements Hot Yoga with Thomas on Tuesday, and time outside with Gus on the greenway on Thursday. Today is a wild card! I’ll probably either do yoga or the gym for the stairmaster. Then it’s soccer on Sunday.

This sandwich was the best lunch I had this week: turkey, cream cheese, honey mustard, avocado, jalapeños! Oh man, it was perfect toasted! Grapefruit on the side.

MY OTHER RECIPES

Mazen and I took a trip to Target on Tuesday. He earned 5 Star Wars stickers, which took him months to get. (Each sticker is worth three green popsicle sticks, which are given out for consistent outstanding behavior and acts of kindness.) He’s been working towards a big prize for a while, and he didn’t hesitate to pick out what he’d get: a Hatchimal. If you aren’t familiar (and missed my live broadcast Instagram Story!), the robotic animals actually hatch from a big egg and then grow through babyhood, toddlerhood, to end up as kids that you care for. It was quite the cool toy experience!

Our egg had TWINS, and Mazen has been caring for them ever since. It’s sort of giving me baby fever! They make the cutest sounds, and Mazen has me cuddle with them and swaddle them all day long.

I think I left Target spending the least amount of money in years ($80, and that included a $50 toy!) But that doesn’t mean I didn’t want to buy everything. I am obsessed with everything Magnolia (like most of the country), but somehow I restrained myself from buying a single thing.

I am also itching to make our outdoor spaces look HGTV worthy. We have a very nice Pottery Barn couch, but otherwise it’s all mis-matchy. I love the look of both of these sets for our front porch, but I’m not sure we’d actually use them that much. Target has such great outdoor stuff on display right now!

Above set.

Below set.

I have always wanted this one too! It was on display last fall.

Also something else was hatching at Target – Peeps Oreos! I resisted buying these too, but I am so curious as to how they taste!

Back at the homestead, we had herby-baked salmon, cream-cheesey zucchini, and leftover mac and cheese for dinner.

Over and out. Have a great weekend!



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2DxH0k6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049