Sweet, Sweet Spring

“No winter lasts forever, no spring skips its turn.” – Hal Borland

^^So true. Spring is taking her time! But she’s here, along with my mom’s birthday, which was yesterday! I hope you got lots of sugar on your birthday, mom! Here are some macarons to celebrate.

There’s just no bread like Great Harvest Cinnamon Chip, and nothing makes more delicious French toast. Served with syrup, raspberries, and a tall glass of milk!

MY OTHER RECIPES

Yee haw – it was character day at school and Mazen went at a cowboy! He loves his dress-up clothes. Don’t I look thrilled to be photographed at 8am?!

Gus-Gus and I have been out on some long walks on our sunnier days. All I have to do is sit on the entryway bench and tie my shoes and he starts bouncing around the room with excitement! Utter the word w-a-l-k and he goes nuts. We do an easy 3.5 mile run once or twice a week when the weather is nice, so I’m really looking forward to getting back out in the fresh air more regularly.

Lunch salad with massaged kale, avocado, cheese, crostini croutons, and red peppers.

And for dinner: Giovanni Rana with pesto and another take on kale salad.

Lastly, I had to share this sweet little cake we had with Thomas’s parents recently. Locals, it was from Foods Of All Nations – yellow cake with cream cheese frosting – and it was DIVINE! I normally prefer buttercream to cream cheese frosting but this was the best cream cheese I’ve ever had. It was almost a cross between the two styles. And Nona, Mazen, and I swiped a little taste with our fingers before dinner to preview it – you should have seen the look in Mazen’s eye when she let him break the rules!

Sweet dreams!



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2G8E2YH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049