Island Time

We are still here, flyin’ around on golf carts and enjoying the pretty views. We hit a couple of colder days down here in the low country. (And they are calling for snow in Cville this weekend – ugh! This is the slowest spring to arrive that I remember in history!)

Overnight oats with granola + peanut butter

We did some indoor crafts and games – do you remember Shrinky Dinks?!

We also played Go Oink! And Sorry and Connect Four.

Mazey and I played “fishing from a canoe” in the hammock for a while. I think this hammock was the best “toy” we brought!

Hot dogs, chips, and apples for lunch

I went for another run that sent me straight for the ocean. On Wednesday I slipped away to the Island Spa for a little pampering! Thomas has played a few rounds of golf too. The course here is golfer’s heaven complete with alligators!

Dinner Wednesday was spaghetti and meat sauce, garlic bread, and a big salad.

Thomas baked a cake for dessert!

Thursday morning we had oatmeal with granola and peanut butter by the marsh.

Thomas and I went to the club fitness center for a little workout. I cranked away on the elliptical and then did some free weights.

Lunch sandwiches with chips and fruit.

Beach standard!

The high was only about 56 degrees so we stayed indoors most of the day playing games and reading. I finished The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, which I liked very much!! I started The Great Alone (by the same author as The Nightengale, my favorite book in recent history) and it’s SO good!! I love frontier/wilderness books. I also watched Survivor and we finished This Is Us. (Meh on the ending of This Is Us.)

Thursday evening we were treated to a date night while G+P took Mazen on their own dinner adventure.

We went to the restaurant at the Shoal’s Club called Aqua. It has stunning views and a great menu.

I had a coconutty pineapple nutmeg cocktail.

We shared these baked oysters with pimento cheese and conch fritters to start. They were SO good and caught just off the shore. I always order pimento cheese when I see it on a menu no matter how it’s served.

We shared the local grouper with a grit cake and pickled cabbage for an entree along with…

… this amazing gnocchi with shiitake mushrooms, tomatoes, and kale and a red pepper sauce.

And for dessert – a Toffee Coffee Cake with butterscotch sauce and salted caramel ice cream! Mmmmm! These flavors speak my love language.

We have one more full day – today – and 69 degrees and sun in the forecast – so we’re hoping to get outside and enjoy the beach one last time before heading home to snow and sleet tomorrow.

Happy Spring Break!

The post Island Time appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2JoljHr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049