All The Pretty Choices

I am brain dumping on the topic of choices today.

I have come to realize how much I like thinking, planning, and talking about life. And the millions of choices, big and small, we all get to make each day.

There is no class in school about being a human, being an adult, or about living life. We are a diverse planet and one size would not fit all. Life is chaotic and different for every person, yet my brain seeks order and rules. I have always been drawn to systems, and as I wander through the internet I am seeking guidelines, tricks, hacks, and recommendations that I can apply to my own life.

I love reading healthy living blogs because they are filled with great ideas for nutritious food and recommendations for an active life that I can apply to my own.

I follow home, lifestyle, organizing, and minimalism blogs and magazines (and listen to podcasts!) because I am always reflecting how best to live in my own space.

I am obsessed with the Dave Ramsey Show podcast because I love hearing about how other people manage (or mismanage) their money and Dave’s advice for them. His tagline, “a show about your life and your money,” says it all.

Learning how other people do life allows me to reflect, consider, and apply things to my own.

A famous wizard once stated the following to a young hobbit:

I have always been interested in human psychology, and I think it’s fascinating to study the reasons why we make the decisions we do.

Why do we order the fish and chips over the kale caesar?

How do we choose what color to paint our walls or which rug to buy?

What makes us justify purchasing a new iPad or socking away 25% to retirement?

Often it is our choices that set us up for success or failure. And it’s usually not one giant decision but a million tiny choices that push us in one direction or another. Even when you are faced with tragedy, you get to choose which path you will follow in the days and weeks after.

When it comes to how we eat, we live, we dress, we schedule, we work, we love, we manage our money, most of them are the result of a cumulative effect – a snowball effect. Are the choices you are making right this moment moving you towards your overall life goals? Do you prefer a two-steps-forward-one-step-back approach or do you wait until you are sure of your direction and run?

Please reflect and share: What are some of the choices you made today and how are they getting you where you want to go?

The post All The Pretty Choices appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2HI6mPa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049