From Bleach To Boss Tweed: Our New Pottery Barn Couch

So long, white couch. I loved you before I was a dog mama.

This couch has actually had a very long life. It started out in Karen’s formal living room back in the late 1990s. We inherited it when we moved into our first apartment out of college, and it traveled to 3 houses before I had her re-upholstered.

I don’t regret going white because bleach and machine washing kept her looking good for years. Until Gus arrived! I tried everything to get the bottom brown stains out, but nothing seemed to crisp her up, and I couldn’t take off the bottom upholstery to wash. Stanley Steamer gave her a go and I didn’t think it looked a lick better when they left. (I guess I never tried hosing it down outside with bleach, but I wasn’t willing to go that far!)

You can see that the cushions were showing their age as well and were quite saggy. The sofa is a few decades old. But Karen will be the first to tell you that it’s very well made! I loved it for over 10 years, but Thomas and I were ready for something a bit more plush. Something that we could both comfortably fit on without having to sit with our feet on the floor. And something Gus friendly. (Surprisingly Mazen never spilled anything bad on the couch.)

I mentioned a few weeks ago we were couch shopping and looking at Sunbrella fabrics. Since I have a Pottery Barn card (and love those rewards) and we have PB here in Cville and because we felt strongly about actually sitting on a couch before we bought it, we ultimately chose the PB Comfort Roll Arm in the chaise + loveseat combination. I waited for a friends and family discount and we snagged 20% off the purchase one weekend, saving us nearly $1,000 combined with a reward coupon.

Don’t mind the wrinkles – I took these photos just hours after the couch was delivered.

First, we know she’s a big one! Maybe a wee bit too big for this room. But Thomas can stretch out on the chaise while Mazen and I snuggle on the loveseat, so it’s a huge win for our growing family. It’s also a million times more comfortable with huge plush, much deeper cushions. So cozy!!

The fabric is the Performance Sunbrella Boss Tweed in the color Pebble. It’s hard to see, but it has a lovely herringbone pattern that I love. I gave this fabric a good test run on the same and got chocolate and olive oil to come right out. It’s supposed to be one of the best stain-proof fabrics on the market! But I’m still scared to test out the real thing. The bottom is also slip covered, so if it does turn a little brown at the edges, this time I can remove it for cleaning.

I am still swapping the pillows around to find the combo I like the best. Our house accidentally turned ALL GRAY! I thought the couch was a bit more in the tan family, but it arrived looking quite gray, which is fine because it’s my current favorite color. But with darker gray armchairs, gray walls and a light gray couch, we need to really accessorize with some color!

Note the armchair is covered in stain-fighting Sunbrella too! I have had them almost a year and they have yet to show a spot. The matching one was moved upstairs to the master to make a little more room in here.

The post From Bleach To Boss Tweed: Our New Pottery Barn Couch appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2ItmkRR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049