I Said A Hip, Hop

On Monday night Claire organized a group of us to try a new hip hop dance class in a dance studio downtown.

I was a dancer growing up, but my focus was on tap, jazz, and ballet, which have a lot of similarities. Hip hop is a tooooootally different ball game! Needless to say, we were all quite a bit nervous!

Our instructor was Edna-James, who told us right away that she was 68 years old and has been teaching hip hop for decades. She did a few quick moves for us, and girl can get dooown! She was great though, and she made the class very fun. There was about 10 of us total, and four in our group (our friend Mack joined us late!) We went through a warm up, floor exercises, and then learned a short routine.

As with any new activity, the first five minutes were totally awkward! I was embarrassed and laughing. But just like anything new you do in a group, I reminded myself no one cared what I looked like and relaxed into the moves.

I absolutely loved the class, especially the routine we learned to Liam Payne’s “Strip That Down.” (Love that song.) I caught on to the choreography quickly and danced well, but my hip hop style was lacking big time. I looked like a jazz dancer out there! Not to mention I am pregnant. LOL – have you seen anything more hilarious:

We are hoping to go back on a regular basis!

Afterwards we had dinner at Monsoon where I got a delicious Pad Thai!

Have you ever taken a dance fitness class? My friend Diana takes them in NYC and sometimes posts videos of her class. They look so fun! I’m sure with practice I’ll get better at my style : )

The post I Said A Hip, Hop appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2jpn3Et

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049