Selling Nesting Dating Brunching

Heyyyy!!! We had a great weekend and hope you did too! On Friday we took a meal to a new mom friend and then came home so Mazen could have a little bake sale. The neighbor boys have been into all kinds of roadside stands selling lemonade, garden herbs, etc, and every time Mazen joined in he tried to swipe things from our house to sell! I explained to him that he had to create something to sell, so this week he and Matt made the most amazing fudge topped rice krispie treats. (Thanks to Matt for putting in the operating costs!) Mazen sold ALL TEN in a few hours. A few to strangers who pulled over and the rest to neighbors (and Thomas – lol!) Don’t worry – I was there supervising the whole time.

Friday evening I made Mona Lisa Pasta for dinner with side salads. There’s nothing like fresh pasta!

On Saturday we were up and at ’em for soccer. Quote from Mazen “Why does soccer have to start so early?!” (It starts at 9am – we are in for a rude awakening when public school starts early this fall!)

I had a quick toast with almond butter before we headed out.

On the first day of soccer it was literally freezing with a horrible wind chill, and this weekend it was humid and steamy hot at 9am!

After soccer we played around the house until Matt picked Mazen up for afternoon swimming. I had a little leftovers salad for lunch with arugula and a burger from earlier in the week. Plus lots of sharp cheddar – cannot get enough!!

I spent the afternoon taking inventory of our baby stuff! I’m starting to feel a bit more ready to survey what we have and think about what we might need. Luckily I kept a lot of stuff!

Saturday night Thomas and I had dinner at The Clifton (where we had our wedding last October!) The inn changed owners right after our wedding and underwent a big renovation for three months this winter. Everything is now much swankier, but the charm and grounds are still there. It’s now known simply as The Clifton.

We had dinner on the terrace, right where our reception was! It’s so special to me to live so close to our wedding venue and be able to remember the day in person as often as we like. I would love to spend an anniversary night here every fall too!

Shout out to our fabulous server Kelly for taking good care of us the day after our wedding and again last night. She and the bartender created this awesome strawberry smash lemon mocktail for me!

Thomas and I split the crab and avocado salad to start (along with several pieces of bread!)

And I had the most delicious halibut entree. The green puddle was some kind of sweet spinach puree that made every bite so good! I loved the chive yogurt too. I am a sauce girl! I loved the caramelized fennel and fingerling potatoes underneath too. It was a great dish!

We shared some homemade salted caramel ice cream for dessert, and ended the night by standing in the spot where we said our vows <3

Sunday morning I got to sleep in a bit, as Mazen spent the night with Matt. Thomas brought me coffee in bed (which he actually does every morning!) and then I came down to flowers, a card, and some breakfast.

Mazen arrived shortly after to shower me with cards, and we headed to CHS to watch Thomas play soccer. (Despite the humid temps, I so wished I could have been out on that turf with him!)

Gooooooo Thomas!

After showers, we headed out to North Garden for brunch with the Donnes. I got the boys matching shirts on sale for super cheap at J Crew Factory (one at the mall here and ordered one online). They’re mainly to wear on a beach vacation, but I requested they test them out on Mother’s Day. Don’t they look dapper?!

We had a lovely brunch at Nona and John’s including eggs Benedict on Timbercreek biscuits with homemade hollandaise and John’s famous waffles!

So good!! I had fruit tart for dessert : )

T’s parents had 100 water balloons and super soakers for the boys – they had a blast getting wet after lunch!

We went home to rest up for 20 minutes with a quick game of Candyland before Mazen and I headed back out to the local elementary school to see the musical Annie!

Annie is one of my all-time favorite musicals/movies, and Mazen did well sitting through the show. We ended up leaving at intermission because he was getting pretty itchy when the adult-heavy part of the show began, but we still got a great taste of the performance. There were so many cute kids in the show!

The end.

The post Selling Nesting Dating Brunching appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2KWs43U

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049