Where The Green Grass Sorta Grows

Everything is blooming!! I saw a funny quote on Hot Yoga Cville’s Instagram the other day: “Getting out of bed would be 10x easier if there was a Caribbean ocean and 85 degree weather waiting outside for you.” SO TRUE. Happy spring day, I love you.

Our grass is looking VIBRANT! The front yard looks great. But in the back, it’s still patchy. We think the hill that was created during the patio process is just too steep to hold water. Thomas is workin’ hard on it though.

Happy morning toast:

T and I went on a lunch date to Ace Biscuit and BBQ after a prenatal appointment. (We got to hear the heartbeat loud and clear!!) I ordered a fried-green tomato and pimento cheese biscuit. omg – so good. We shared sides of collard greens and macaroni.

MY OTHER RECIPES

In contrast – super healthy sardines lunch the next day. Sardines have been sounding SO good to me lately! I chopped up red pepper and carrot and mixed in some jalapeños and relish along with mayo, mustard, Greek yogurt, salt and pepper.

Salads have been sounding great too! It’s hard to decide if it’s warmer weather, the disappearance of my food aversions or both. Probably both! I’m working on a blog post involving seven lunch salads and I mixed some of them together to enjoy all of the ingredients at once! Therefore, this salad was pretty epic. The shining star in this bowl was fresh dill!

Sweet Gussie loves Sarah so much that he hops in her car when she’s in the driveway. We took him for a little spin to pick up the kids from school. They thought it was hilarious that he was in the car!

We used up the last of our hot dogs for a nice little cookout dinner. Plus more salad and sweet corn! (I can’t wait for corn on the cob season. I had a cob at a friend’s house last weekend, and it tasted so good!)

Finally, a little motivation for you guys today:

I’d like to collaborate with a sardines brand! Talk about the perfect pregnancy food. (Low in mercury, high in omega-3!)



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2FAbuTO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049