Vacay On The Brain

It is that time of year that I am itching for the shore. We have our family beach trip coming up at the end of this month, and I’m counting down the days! Until then, you can find me on the ACAC rooftop pretending I’m at a resort. A few weeks ago we had a baby shower for our gym friend up there on the most perfect early summer evening. I am so lucky for the friendships I have made through “the club” (as those who work there call it.) PS. This photo was taken with an iPhone Plus in portrait mode. WHY does the regular size phone not have this feature!? I do not want to carry around a tablet, but this photo looks like it came from a DSLR!

Our patio has not gotten used yet this year. We need to plan something! I was listening to a Young House Love podcast recently when the duo shared how they always talk themselves out of hosting parties because they are either so expensive, so much cleanup, or both. I feel the same – the thought of making (or buying/catering) all the food and doing the clean up (inside and out) intimidates me into organizing something. But we have this great patio, and as John and Sherry said, you don’t have to go all out every time with a full buffet and full bar. Provide some snacks, drinks, yard games, and space and 99% of people are happy!

Patio peeking out from a yogurt bowl breakfast with berries, yogurt, granola, and almond butter.

As promised, I took lunch up to the ACAC roof after a workout. I walked over to Citizen Bowl and tried something new – the Harvest Bowl with greens, sweet potatoes, beets, goat cheese, pumpkin seeds, and apples with Arctic char on top. It was fabulous! Salads out of the home are super appealing to me, but salads at home and still on my “ehhhh” list.

We’ve been keeping dinners simple due to Mazen’s camp and swim team schedule. This was green chili cheese grits (reheated) and green beans with a quesadilla made with arugula, leftover rotisserie chicken, and cheese!

Are any of you traveling anywhere exciting anytime soon? Thomas and I had hoped to get to Europe before having a baby, but that never happened, for good reason : )

I can’t wait for our two (possibly three) coastal trips this year!

The post Vacay On The Brain appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2Jz5Kk7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049