Out Of The Office

Most of the time you’ll find me working at my dining room table, wearing workout clothes with a messy ponytail. I prefer to work at home because I have access to a fridge and a clean bathroom, reliable wifi, my laundry room, outfit changes, and unlimited sparkling waters. Whenever I think it might be fun to go to a coffeeshop, all of these reasons keep me home. However, I had a few meetings that sent me downtown wearing a dress, and I enjoyed my outings so much! I think I just need to force myself to leave the house a bit – especially while I can! (October, I’m looking at you…)

Since I have one cup of coffee first thing in the AM, I have been sticking to caffeine-free lattes while out. The milk serves as a bit of a snack too.

On days when I’m planning a latte, I have a lighter breakfast, like toast with peanut butter and fruit.

MY OTHER RECIPES

This sweet boy had kindergarten orientation camp recently and is SO excited for school! He got to play in a classroom, meet other kids, check out the playground, and ride a school bus! I know a lot of mothers cry on the first day of kindergarten, but he is so ready that I’m just 100% excited for him. (Plus this is his 5th year of school – day one of twice-a-week preschool at age two was a lot harder on me!)

{Outfit from Boden!}

The little businessmen and businesswomen in our neighborhood are growing up way too fast. They are into having “Sells” aka lemonade stands aka “Mom can we sell something from inside our house?” We’ve sold rice krispies (the most successful one), herbs from the garden, lemonade, and chocolates. It makes for a fun afternoon project!

Confession: I’ve been eating way too many lunches out lately. When we don’t have any leftovers, it’s been tempting for me to meet a friend or pick something up on my way home from the gym. It is not good for my budget, but it is good for my baby because I’m packing in the veggies with big salads!

This one was from Chopt, which is relatively new to Cville. My salad was the Smoky Santa Cruz (minus scallions) and it was so delicious. I loved the drizzle of Goddess dressing on top.

And another day recently I picked up Mezeh. OMG that caramelized eggplant is simply incredible. I have to figure out a copycat recipe! I think they use balsamic and roast it, but it’s hard to tell. I need to investigate!

We are getting a Cava here soon. I think that’s another great healthy quick lunch spot, yes? I’m going to be in trouble!

Thomas loves “basic dinners” as we call them: protein, starch, veg. This one was overly simple until I covered everything with a great semi-homemade sauce. I combined in the blender a big handful of herbs from our garden with a few tbsp of the spicy harrisa sauce I had leftover from Mezeh. Plus lime juice, greek yogurt, and a little olive oil. Boy was this good!!

Leftovers for lunch the next day. I had that sauce on everything!! Gotta make it again soon.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2uz9HuP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049