The Hipster

^^Blue smoothie, blue bowl, blue sky! Still having lots of fun with the blue majik! I’m finding for the best blue color I need to use mostly white/light ingredients like banana, milk, and yogurt and less frozen berries and greens, which turn it a much darker color. I’m working on a Mermaid Bowl recipe!

Also eating all the blueberries this summer. Plus peaches + nectarines. And this half PB breakfast sandwich was just calling my name! That’s Greek yogurt dolloped on top of my fruit!

It was so sad to say goodbye to Claire (on the left) last week! We will miss her at the gym as she embarks for San Francisco. (Look for her and say hi if you live there!) I’m still going to strength class twice a week and feeling really good now that my back pain is all healed up. I sometimes stop short if we do a lot of plyo jumps and my chiropractor told me to lay off lunges (so I just do more squats) and I’m not really doing any abs other than planks, but arms and legs are still lifting strong!

MY OTHER RECIPES

Also, can we pause to talk about fanny packs?! I have this one that I usually save for Legwarmers 80s concerts but they are SO CONVENIENT! I have decided in this day and age of “anything goes” fashion I’m going to start wearing one again. Except instead of calling it a fanny pack, let’s just call it a Hipster Pack. Much more 2018, dontchathink?

Also please don’t be distracted by the shirtless fitness instructor photobomb. Typical!  

I wore the Hipster Pack on my walk with Gus and it was so much more comfortable than my spy belt, for walking at least. The spy belt is a necessity for running because it doesn’t bounce. But the Hipster Pack can even hold a small water bottle! (Update on the Gentle Leader: it’s going great! So much less pulling.)

This greenway is so beautiful once you reach the shade, but unfortunately it takes me 1.25 miles of sun to reach it! Not so fun on the hottest of days. I look forward to taking Baby B on stroller walks here sometime this fall.

Lunch: tuna salad + chips + pear slices.

And another scramble! This makes such a yummy all-in-one veggie packed lunch. I sauteed peppers and mushrooms in butter and then added 2 whisked eggs and dill havarti to mix it all up.

This is the face of a very tired and hungry almost-six year old ready to head home for pizza. Despite the frown, he had a great time showing me his new tennis skills! These kids tennis balls have much less bounce than the regular ones and are great for learning when you’re not so fast. It was so fun to play a sport together!

Thomas was working on Big Green Egg pizzas when we arrived home!

This spatula his mom got him for Father’s Day was great for helping get said pizza off the hot stone.

Uno with the grandparents while we waited for the pizzas to cook!

Round one was peppers, tomatoes, pepperoni, and arugula.

And round two was pepperoni and mushroom, Mazen’s favorite.

And for dessert – treats from Nonna! Lemon bar, pecan bar, caramel ice cream.

That’s a wrap my friends!

 



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2v4rquh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049