Those Summer Nights

Happy Summer Friday!! Here’s a recap of this week.

I had a little mug of leftover whipped banana oatmeal and threw it into a smoothie. The result was very thick and creamy! I mixed it with some plain yogurt, banana, fresh strawberries, and Vega Coconut Almond. Yum!!

I see you down there Gussie!

Another day – eggs + fruit + toast!

Mazen told me he had been on a nature hike during his camp day and asked me if I would go on it with him at pickup. Of course, I said, and I made sure I was wearing athletic clothes when I picked him up the next day. But about 8 minutes into the “hike” we had to turn around because the brush was so thick I was scared of poison ivy and snakes and I had about 10 mosquitos all over my legs!! We also saw a trap and were really close to a presumably snake-filled stream. I felt bad for chickening out, but I promised we would go on another family hike on a cleared path soon.

Here he is at the entrance! We will have to try again in the winter…

MY OTHER RECIPES

26 weeks this week!! Does that make this my golden birth week? :mrgreen: There is no fooling anyone anymore – strangers comment on the baby all the time. He is moving around like CRAZY these days. It’s so funny how desperate I was to feel a movement just 6ish weeks ago and now it’s such a normal part of my every day (every hour, really).

I’ve been loving eggs for lunch (when I don’t have them for breakfast) and I made a little egg salad sandwich with pickle and arugula. Served with chips.

And when a cold salad isn’t appealing – scramble her up! This was 2 eggs, 1/4 a red pepper, 2 big handfuls of spinach, and more cheese than a person should probably have in a sitting, all melted in 🙂 Super delicious! +strawberries

We’ve been eating Blue Apron this week for a post I have coming later this year. (I’m trying to work ahead to actually take a little maternity leave this time around – more on that later.) This meal was paprika lemon chicken with asparagus and rice.

And this one was chicken with coconut curry and rice batch-cooked in advance and finished just before dinner!

Mazey and I played Uno out on the new walkway after dinner after he enjoyed a little ice cream cone. Thooooooose suuuuuuummmmerrrrr niiiiiiiiiiiiightsssssss.

Have a great weekend!



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2uSvA8e

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049