Baby: Entering The Third Trimester

28 weeks!

I haven’t written a “how I’m feeling” baby post in over a month – mostly because things have been smooth sailing. I’ve been feeling good overall in the sweet spot of the second half of the second trimester. Things have started to get a lot more real these past few weeks with much more wild movements, limbs punching out, and feeling like my range of motion is now limited. My uterus has reached my ribs, and so now I’m having trouble doing anything that involves bending over. (I wrote the same thing at 28 weeks pregnant with Mazey!) I had my glucose test, which thankfully I passed! And my blood work was normal too, so that was great to hear.

27 weeks

I’m still working out most days of the week – strength class x2, a good long walk one day, prenatal yoga one day, and either cardio or a cycle class the last day.

Symptoms

New things I’ve noticed:

  • I have a linea negra now
  • Sneezing is hard in many ways (abs, bladder – oof!)
  • It’s gotten a lot harder to sit up if I’m reclined back on the couch
  • I have actually felt breast milk let down and drip out which is something new to this pregnancy!
  • I’m having to pee all.the.time. again, which is also something new this time around. If I take even one sip of water, it goes straight to my bladder. Running is impossible for this reason alone. Strangely, I can usually go the whole night without getting up to pee. I’d say 25% of the time I get up just once. So that has been nice!
  • I’ve started to feel kind of like I can’t breathe and woozy if I lie on my back for more than a minute or two, so most often if I’m reclined I’m on my side.
  • I’m feeling little limbs move around as of around 27 weeks – poking out and things. Thomas got to feel a crazy arm or leg interaction one time!
  • I’m still having on and off nose bleeds. Not like the gushing out of your nostril kind, but (sorry if this is TMI) I can just taste it and know it’s happening. It’s like a slow trickle for a few minutes in the back of my throat (and it’s gross – sorry).
  • My stomach space is shrinking, and I’m getting full so fast.
  • I don’t have too many cravings, and eating is pretty normal.

28 weeks

All relaxed out:

Sleep

As a stomach sleeper, nighttime is always one a challenges of pregnancy. The Snoogle is back in my life full time. I most often start out laying on it on my stomach with my bump in a donut hole and then move down onto the bed to one side with the candy cane end between my legs for 1/3 of the night and hugging the whole thing for the last 1/3. I didn’t take it with me to the Sanderling and I made a little bed with 4 down pillows that I slept on top of with my bump in the channel between them. It was actually the most comfortable I’ve slept so far, but I don’t know if I have enough pillows here to re-create it. If I didn’t already own a Snoogle I would buy this pillow because I think it might be better for sleeping on top of with the bump in the middle.

29 weeks

Getting Ready

Other than packing a hospital bag and washing all the newborn clothing, which I will do closer to 36/37 weeks, having our sprinkle party in September, buying some last minute consumables (like diapers), we don’t have much we need to do. We had a child birth class last week with our doula (who is a child birth educator). Maybe we should schedule a hospital tour? We’ll continue to prep the nursery downstairs too, but most of that won’t happen until September.

Overall I’m feeling pretty chill about it all. Much more chill than I was last time! My biggest concern is getting as much work done as I possibly can before October comes.

Thomas has been getting ready too 🙂 Reading and pushing the empty stroller around the house!

30 weeks!!

Baby #2 LINKS!

The post Baby: Entering The Third Trimester appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2BgPdNX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub