Baby: Getting In Gear

As I wrote in my Nesting 2.0 post, we have so much of what we need for Baby B already. It has simplified preparing for his arrival! We are having a baby sprinkle in September, and I plan to go to Target and get the rest of the consumables that we will need (diapers, wipes, etc.) after that. Until then, we had four main “big” items to purchase: a bassinet, an infant car seat, a new stroller, and a lounger. I’m happy to say we’ve gotten these purchased, home, and unpacked.

We decided on the Halo Luxe Plus in Grey Melange as our co-sleeper. Thanks to my mom and dad for this gift! I love that it’s bed height (the rock-n-play was SO low and I hated getting out of bed to get Mazen out), and that it can swivel in ~10 ways so I can move it over the bed and side to side to get out.

View from my bed! Love the little nightlight. 

I also love that I don’t have to worry about safety but can still have the baby next to me. I think it would be awesome to have the baby sleep between us, but I just know I would never fully fall asleep worrying about safety (even if we cleared all pillows and used a ‘nest’) so I feel best having him in his own bed as close as possible. It’s currently being stored in a nook in the corner of our master until it’s ready to come bedside.

I have to say, it’s quite the beast. It’s REALLY heavy and therefore not really moveable on a daily basis. I imagined it being a lot lighter and easier to move around, but I can see why that might not be the safest for something holding a sleeping baby in the air (with sleep deprived adults fumbling in the dark.) The base is huge and it just barely fits beside my side of the bed. (We could switch sides if we had to, but some of us are attached to our sides…)

I see that they make a newborn insert but it seems quite pricey for use only for a few weeks. Has anyone tried it?

The next big item we purchased was a new everyday stroller! We bought the UppaBaby Cruz.

It came highly recommended by my sister, and I have heard so many great things about the brand. With Mazen I just had a BOB as our main stroller, which was great and I never really felt the need to have a sleeker everyday stroller. I had a snap-n-go with our carseat for those first few months and then bought an umbrella stroller for travel. Our BOB was so well used (pretty much daily for the first 3-4 years) that I knew I wanted a new stroller, but I didn’t want to get another BOB because ours is still fine for running. So this purchase was more want than need, but I love how much more portable the Cruz is for getting in and out of a car, it will serve as our car seat snap-n-go AND we plan to use it for travel. So it solves a lot of needs in one.

I also love: that the seat is reversible, that it’s super easy to fold up and down (esp. compared to a BOB), and that the basket underneath is huge. We did consider the Vista for a hot second, but it was a good bit more expensive and we don’t plan on having two children back to back (well some of us don’t 🙂 ) and so the Cruz was the best fit for us now.

And the matching car seat just snaps right in!

Mazen’s infant car seat had expired, so the UppaBaby Mesa Car Seat was the natural choice to pair with the stroller (and also came recommended by my sister!) I am not super picky about car seats, but I love the look of this one and it seems like a great seat overall. It’s lightweight and easy to get in and out of the base and stroller. Thanks to Thomas’s mom and dad for this gift!

And finally, we are the proud owners of a Dock-A-Tot.  It had me a marble!!

I think this will be great for all of the obvious reasons: versatility, taking upstairs/downstairs, naps, travel, photography 🙂 I mean, E.T. loves it!

I do want to point out that it came in a nice reusable zip-up carrying case with a handle. I bring this up because I almost bought the expensive carrying case for travel but decided to hold off. The one it came with should be perfectly fine for car travel. (Maybe you just need the formal one for airlines and checked baggage?)

We have made some good progress on the nursery too. Third trimester realness is here!

The post Baby: Getting In Gear appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2vrzjtS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049