Downtown, Downtime.

Tequila? What’s tequila?

I am not even sure I would like the taste of tequila in my ‘ritas anymore I am so used to them virgin-style. They’re so good!

On Friday night, Thomas and I went downtown in heavy rain to see the comedian David Cross! My raincoat would not zip 🙁

Before the show we had dinner at Zocalo.

Of course we got the pepper. We can’t ever not get it.

But we DID branch out away from our favorite salmon dish (which – gasp – they had changed up a little on the menu!) and got the scallops instead! So delicious with a carrot-vanilla sauce and smashed plantains underneath.

Because five steps away our favorite ice cream was calling our name, we had to. I just wanted one bite and ordered a kids’ size, which was still too much! Somehow I fit it all in though and was uncomfortably full through the show!

There was no photography allowed, but we did get a glimpse of Mr. Cross on the downtown mall before the show! He has been my favorite comedian since college, and Thomas surprised me with tickets (not even knowing this!) earlier this summer. The show was great; lots of laughs. My favorite bit was his story of getting a colonic, during which he described the acrylic poop collection machine (!!) as something that looked like “modern art for rich assholes.” Love a good pun!!!!

Back at the casa on Saturday morning, Thomas made us GH Cinnamon Chip French toast while I researched resorts in south Florida and the Keys for spring break next year.

We’d like to take the boys (plural! Knock on wood!) somewhere warm and beachy, and I’m being really picky about the rooming situation because I know 6 month old babies nap a lot and I don’t want to be stuck in a dark hotel room. Hawks Cay is at the top of our list for the townhome-style accommodations and lots of kid friendly activities for Mazen. Anyone been there or have recommendations for us? (We’d like to stay within the USA for ease of travel with a baby reasons…)

I went for a run/walk later on. I ran about 3/4 of a mile before stopping to walk. As much as I wanted the cardio burn, it just didn’t feel good. My abs felt like they might rip off! I was wearing a support belt too. My mom says I have the rest of my life to run, so maybe I should just give up for the next 3 months.

I did a little maternity wear fashion show for Instagram Stories before lunch. Loving the sleeves on this new top. And these are my go-to shorts! I’m thinking I might post the videos and links in a blog post for those who missed it?

For lunch I made T and I salmon salad with chopped carrots, pepper, yogurt, mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, relish, paprika, and herbs. Whew!

+an apple and some Dove Promises for dessert!

We spent the afternoon relaxing a bit. I am reading this book and it’s SO GOOD! A mystery of sorts.

I Facetimed with Mazen who enjoyed sailing camp in San Diego all last week! I can’t wait to see him.

Saturday night we had our friends Jami and Timon over for games and dinner. We played two rounds of Chickpig and grilled up steaks.

NY Strip steaks + corn on the cob + Jami’s pesto mozzarella zoodles. I made the chimichurri sauce with lots of cilantro, parsley, oregano, jalapeno, a little vinegar, olive oil, lime juice and S+P.

Sunday morning Thomas headed to golf and I worked on the house + wrote this post!

Simple little breakfast: leftover french toast with PB, peach, milk, coffee.

Hope you guys had a great weekend!

The post Downtown, Downtime. appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2neK0fC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049