Lonesome Love

It has been quite lonely around here without Mazen these past two weeks. I cannot wait to see him this weekend! Meals have been more simple, and I’ve actually been working more than usual because 1) I’ve been using the time to get ahead and 2) Mazen and I relax together and without him here I am less likely to splash around in a pool or cozy up on the couch in the afternoon. I will say that dinnertime and evenings have been quite relaxing without all the usual chores of a family dinner, bath/bedtime routine, but I am looking forward to getting back into a good routine once school starts in just under 2 weeks! I am not, however, looking forward to the school bus coming so early! M, who has been on West Coast time, and I are not used to getting up before 7, much less being ready at 7! Early bedtimes for all.

Lately I’ve been obsessed with looking at old photos of him – oh my soul!

He was just as eager to hop on a school bus then as now!

Looking dapper and all grown up in his Abercrombie shirt <3

I digress!

Thomas and I have been busy nesting cleaning out some of our trouble zones of the house: the garage and utility room. We made huge progress last weekend taking a large trunk of stuff to Goodwill.

I should have taken before photos, which I rarely remember to do because I can’t imagine an after! But there was literally a mountain of stuff in this corner from when Thomas moved in and I piled stuff over the year. Looking better!

I joined my friend Lynsie (she is the founder of Vie Meal Plans and a chef) for a morning of catering our friend Scott’s Camp 4 Real.

Have you ever seen so many smoothie bowls?!

Scott is a vegan and all of the snacks and lunches at the camp are plant based. Nutrition is even woven into some of their activities, like tag. I helped serve these smoothie bowls with a toppings bar to 100 campers. Not a single child seemed surprised by the smoothie color, and they gobbled them up. I was surprised! The recipe was a blend of banana, dates, oats, peanut butter, cinnamon, spinach, and almond milk plus granola, banana, chia, and raisins for toppings.

Lynsie also made brown rice and bean bowls (for 100!) with chimichurri sauce, fresh peppers, roasted corn and tomatoes, pepitas, and lime. The kids got to assemble their own from the toppings bar. They were fantastic!

Continuing the bowl theme, I had Chopt for lunch another day. And ate a lot of leftovers!

I don’t have too many dinners to share because many of theme revolved around recipes I’m banking for the future! T and I had unphotogenic dinner salads with leftovers two nights as well. Keep it simple!

I did go out to Common House again with the ACAC crew. The lime juice-based mocktail the bartender made for me was fab!

I really wanted to branch out, but I could not resist getting the exact same pork and grits dish I ordered on my first visit to CH – it was that good! Love the green chili sauce, lime segments, and swiss chard. And of course the grits!!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

The post Lonesome Love appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2Ork4cp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049