Orangetheory Versus Fitbit + New Favorite Overnight Oats Recipe

Hi, guys!

So… I apologize. I stink at live blogging – at least during the summer. With Mal and Quinn home, every day is a little bit different, so I’m juggling home life and work life, and it’s not always easy to hop on my laptop whenever I want. I think when we get back into a routine for the school year, the live blogging will be easier. In the meantime, please enjoy random updates from me every couple of days. Life is about balance, right? 😉

This morning kicked off with a delicious bowl of overnight oats. I made this combination over the weekend, and it turned out so well (super thick, not too sweet), so now I’ve rocked it every morning this week. Holy yum!

After breakfast, we got ourselves ready for the day. We dropped off Quinn at school, who requested that I “act like Murphy” when I said goodbye. Mal and I then headed to Orangetheory for a workout.

We lovvvvve OTF, but the location closest to our house is really not that close, so we only get there every other month or so. It’s always a good time though – I especially loved today’s strength workout. It had some longer incline intervals on the treadmill and then some awesome lower body strength movements on the floor.

Latest Videos

Sneaker star of the day: His and hers Launch 5! FYI: Women’s and men’s are on sale right now! 🙂

I wanted to test out my Fitbit Versa compared to the OTF heart rate monitor that I usually wear. The results were not too far off. I used the generic “workout” mode on my Fitbit and then wore my OTF monitor on my other wrist.

The calories burned are a bit higher on the OTF monitor, but not by much, and the average heart rate was the same. Not too shabby, right?

I’m actually pretty happy about this because now I can just wear my Fitbit to OTF and not bother with the heart rate monitor anymore. I like seeing my stats on the TV screen, but I’m okay looking down at my watch every once in awhile too.

Question of the Day

OTF peeps: What do you wear to track your workouts? 



from Carrots 'N' Cake https://ift.tt/2Pc9ffe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049