Testimonial: Keto Success: Get Your Mind Right

Robb,

Let me first say thanks.  Of all the info I consume regarding diet & health, yours is by far the best communicated.  When you write or talk, it feels like having a conversation in person with you.  (yikes, hope that’s not creepy).  I’ve been Keto’ing for the last year, but still bought your Keto Masterclass just a week ago.  Great so far.

I’ve also been reading and listening to your material for the last couple years.  As I’ve moved along my own journey of losing 50 lbs and improving my health markers, I’ve wanted to hear someone talk about the mental side of diet & health.

I’ve yo-yo dieted like many, starting in late high school.  The past two years have created real change.  I’ve finally learned about food.  In college, a box of Rice-a-Roni was a healthy meal as far as I knew.  I finally enjoy eating healthy today in my mid 40’s.  What I’ve realized is that in all the prior diets, my approach has been, “Let’s do this so I can get back to a place where I can start eating pizza again.  Then I’ll just do it in moderation.”  I’m sure you know how that story ends.  The problem with that is the mental approach, right?!

I can look in mirror today and honestly say that I believe I’m going to eat a low carb diet the rest of my life.  I’ve learned more about cooking.  I’ve joined my wife in the shopping & planning of meals.  Of course, the physical benefits have been significant.  On the flip side, I also know that because the SAD diet doesn’t make me violently ill overnight, I’ll experience plenty of slip-ups.  It’s so easy to say, “Dude, it’s just one night of pizza and beer.  Jump back on the horse tomorrow.”  Happy to say this is happening less and less as my journey continues.

So my struggle today and likely forever is that I still want to overeat.  I’m always in search of the food that I can eat with no limit.  Of the 100’s of conversations I’ve had with others about Keto…when you read between the lines…they’re all looking for the same thing…what can they eat in a gluttonous fashion?  By far, my biggest challenge is overall caloric restriction.  Historically, eating for me has had nothing to do with hunger.  Ever.  Intermittent Fasting has probably been the greatest tool in learning to curb my calories.  If you could witness the struggle that occurs between my ears when I talk myself out of a coffee with heavy cream or yet another handful of pecans.  Fat bombs…forget about it.  I’m going to eat the entire recipe in a couple days.  BUT, I’ve made improvements.  I continue to embrace simplicity and continue to exclude “gateway foods/ingredients”.  It took 2 years, but I’ve finally stopping using any sweetener in my coffee…because as I mentioned, my approach was, “Man, when I find a Keto approved sweetener, I’m gonna eat the hell out of it.”  What.  A.  Trap.

So…why did I type this letter?  You were right to open Module 6 of the KM saying that it’s going to be loosey-goosey and hippy’ish when compared to the science of Keto.  That may be, but all the science in the world won’t convince the person whose mind isn’t in the right place.  I’ve gotten to the point that now when someone begins to ask me questions about Keto, one of the first things I say to them is, “If you’re looking for a plan that will allow you to eat unlimited amounts of XYZ, there’s no such thing.  Seriously, 9 chicken breasts for dinner isn’t in the plan.  Nope, a bucket of buttered broccoli isn’t either.  I know it was Kerrygold butter, but you still can’t eat the whole bucket.  Want to keep talking?”

So glad you addressed mindset.  I think its importance is awfully underrated.  Sure, there are people whose mindset is solid and they don’t need much of any guidance.  Since most of America is fat and sick though…my hunch is that discussing mindset provides a great deal of value for your readers and listeners.

I look forward to moving on in the KM.  Keep up the great work.

Sincerely,
BJ David

Keto Masterclass

The keto diet is one of the most effective ways to shed fat and improve your health. Keto Masterclass helps you start keto right, step-by-step, so that you can be successful long-term.

Learn More

Wired-to-Eat-RenderDon’t forget, Wired to Eat is now available!

Amazon, Barnes & Noble, IndieBound, iBooks



from The Paleo Diet https://ift.tt/2opY2LO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049