The Morning Run That Only Kind Of Happened

Good morning!

My day started bright and early with a grumbling stomach – it actually woke me up! I had planned an early-morning run, so I got my butt out of bed and made myself a quick snack (rice cake with cashew butter on top) to get going.

Once I had a little something in my stomach, I got dressed to run and then took Murphy for his morning walk. I was still feeling pretty sluggish, so I thought a walk would help me wake up and feel more energized.

Unfortunately, that energized feeling never arrived and my run was pretty pathetic. Blah. I stopped after 1.75 miles, walked for a bit, and then just called it quits. It was just not happening, and I felt terrible. Zero energy. Oh, well. At least I got some running in, right? I’ll try again this weekend.

Back at home, I threw together a quickie breakfast of cauliflower gnocchi, kale, and Parmesan + iced coffee with vanilla bean collagen and vanilla Ripple milk.  Mmm! The meal was a nice combo of protein, carbs, and fat! 🙂

Please note my breakfast companion…

Question of the Day

Any tips for not getting discouraged after a really crappy run? 

For me, it’s knowing that I can try again – and maybe that next run will be a good one.

The post The Morning Run That Only Kind Of Happened appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake https://ift.tt/2O4tCcT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049