Weekend Of Many Courses

We had such amazing weather this weekend: crisp and cooler, but still plenty warm for outdoor activities!

Thursday night I went out with a group of girlfriends to celebrate a birthday and couldn’t resist getting the usual at Zocalo: a virgin jalapeno rita and the pepper! I saved half the pepper (so full!) and had the leftovers for dinner on Sunday night.

On Friday, I met Mazen and the neighborhood crew at the bus stop. The first week went well! Mazen’s biggest complaint was that he didn’t like having his lunch packed and wanted to go through the lunch line, so he bought his lunch on Friday. It was pizza day, and I told him he would be expected to take a fruit and vegetable (and eat it). I *think* that all went well, but it is kind of strange that he’s so independent that I really don’t know what he had for lunch! (And as an RD, I’d rather be packing, but as a mom I would be thrilled not to have to pack a lunch every day, so it’s kind of a wash!) We’ll see how it goes from here, but he won’t be buying every single day. We might pick two lunches a week based on the menu.

VIDEOS

We went with the neighbors to Tonsler Park splash pad and then to La Michoacana’s popsicle shop! They have a million flavors and many of them are unique (like Tres Leches!)

(He gets so many compliments on this shirt, and it’s on sale! The shark’s tongue is a pocket!)

We had family pizza night at home for dinner, and Thomas picked up our favorite from Belmont. I made a point to set the table nicely and made a salad before he arrived home. Magic Linen sent me a tablecloth and duvet cover to share on the blog, and they are both awesome! I love the thick texture and the dot edging. The tablecloth is so great to cover all the stains on our picnic table.

Friday night bedtime Lego battle:

On Saturday morning, I had breakfast in three courses:

First, a slice of locally made pumpkin bread.

Then two fried eggs with cheddar, folded over into a tiny omelet.

Then watermelon!

Mazen and I went to the gym, where I did a 45 minute stairmaster + walking workout, and then we headed out to the Struckmann house for lunch and playtime.

Sarah made a lovely lunch, which we enjoyed outside with her parents. Biscuits with roasted vegetables and an Italian egg dish with tomato sauce. Yum!

We played by the pool and in the yard for a while. The Sayas played restaurant for a while!

Mazen was invited to stay for a sleepover, and I headed back to town to meet up with Thomas, who had spent his morning on the golf course. We took Gussie for a walk and then dressed up for a date night downtown.

31 weeks!

We had dinner outside at Commonwealth, and per usual, ordered too much food.

I had a yummy Earl Gray mocktail with honey, lemon and herbs.

We shared a cheese plate with some awesome gourmet cheeses. We enjoyed taking our time to nibble through these before ordering our dinner.

For dinner, we shared the pork lettuce wraps and a chicken piccata plus green beans and a side biscuit. It was too much food, and we brought the biscuit and beans home for lunch the next day. Super delicious though!

We were saving room for Chaps Birthday Cake! I asked for one scoop and was handed two, so I had no choice but to eat it.

It was nice to eat while we walked home to feel like we were canceling out the ice cream a little (although I know that would be more like a 4 mile run :mrgreen: )  I covered about 15,000 steps / 6 miles yesterday and my legs and feet were feeling it when we got back. I had to prop them up to de-swell.

To end of the weekend on Sunday morning, I had my biscuit half plus an egg and the last of the watermelon.

We did morning chores and got Mazen for a family-fun afternoon at the pool!

Today, I’m heading to NYC for a little blog event – perhaps my last one for a very long time! I’m meeting up with my sister and Emerson for the day before I get to my hotel. Should be a fun but very quick trip!



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2wr9s5H

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049