House Tour: Closets and Drawers

You’re probably getting tired me of talking about nesting, but my brain just can’t help it! I’ve been scurrying around the house sifting through things and sorting drawers and closets for weeks now, and I figured the best way to share what I’ve done would be a little video tour. Strike that – a super-long video tour! If you stick out all 15+ minutes, you’ll also get to see a live view of the office/family room swap we did. (But I’m saving the nursery reveal for another post!)

A few notes about the video

  • My home is not nearly as perfectly organized as Jen’s. #lifegoals But I’d rather show you around now than wait 10 years until everything is sparkly and perfectly labeled (which it never will be).
  • I didn’t tidy up at all prior to pushing record, so this is literally my home on a normal day. Read: not perfect.
  • I shot half of the video just before we switched our office and toy room, so I decided to do a little before and after. Hopefully that will be clear when you watch!

Enjoy

Here is the apothecary piece I mention in the office storage area.

Here is the teal bathroom drawer storage piece from Mazen’s bathroom.

Here is our office desk.

Inspo

As we talk about homes in general, I wanted to share some of my favorite sources of inspiration!

I Heart Organizing // As mentioned above, Jen is the Q.U.E.E.N. of home organization on the internet. Everything she touches turns to rose gold and rainbows! She’s also the mom to three boys, so her sparkling, organized home is even more impressive.

Plank & Pillow // I just found this Tennessee-based home account on Instagram a few weeks ago and have heart eyes for every.single.photo they post of their stunning farmhouse. Thomas and I do want to build a house someday, and the P&P house is at the top of my list of inspo houses at the moment. I just love all the bright white and light and black contrast! Also: their pool!

The Nester // I have always found Myquillyn’s style to be so approachable and practical, and she has great tips! I own her book 🙂 She also a new book coming out – The Cozy Minimalist – and corresponding courses. I’m interested! Does anything sound more warm and fuzzy than the words “cozy minimalist”?!

Young House Love // Obviously! My “Richmond friends” are always up to something DIY, and their site reads just like that – of friends you trust. If they recommend anything I need, I immediately go buy it. (Even when I have sworn off buying things!) I also love their podcast, think they are hilarious, and relate to both John and Sherry’s personalities in so many ways! (For example, Sherry and I both love the temperature “hot car”!)

Magazines! // My favorite is Cottages and Bungalows followed by Coastal LivingBetter Homes & Gardens, and HGTV.

 

The post House Tour: Closets and Drawers appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2PRQ4XQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049