Remembering + Misty Mornings

When I was in New York City a few weeks ago, our event was held at the top of the 4 World Trade Center building. The whole day my mind kept drifting to what it must have been like to be in the Twin Towers when the planes hit. It is almost unbearable to think about it brings me such sadness. My sister said it well when she wrote “the air just feels heavy there.”

I know a lot of people are remembering September 11, 2001 today.

***

You can tell fall is on the way in Cville because we’ve had some really cool, misty mornings.

Sure they turn into hot and steamy days, but cooler mornings are a welcome start after the heat we had in August. This breakfast bowl was a mix of Siggi’s plain yogurt, nectarine, Dang toasted coconut chips and a magical drizzle of honey.

Nesting continues: I washed all of the newborn clothes, swaddles, and my nursing tanks and bras. TBD: How to split them up between the upstairs dresser (nighttime) and the nursery (daytime). For now, they’re all upstairs.

Thomas comes home for lunch maybe 1/3 of the time and often makes sandwiches. He’ll double up and make me one too if the timing is right. We’ve been loving the combo of Seaside cheddar and garden heirlooms with some [steamed] deli turkey and pickles. I was on a mission to eat all of our super-ripe nectarines in one day!

Efficient afternoon snack: Barney Butter and a date on a spoon!

Thomas and I had a casual date night in with salads and The Crown! (That was kombucha I was drinking, not wine!)

We made our salads with greens, cucumber, hard boiled egg, leftover chicken, olives, and burrata cheese.

I had two Dove Chocolate Dark Promises for dessert!

The post Remembering + Misty Mornings appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2wZqUiQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049