Sprinkled With Love

On Sunday a handful of my girlfriends threw us a co-ed baby sprinkle aka a party to get together to enjoy lunch and cake. The original location at a vineyard was rained out, but Castle Hill Cider was so very kind to let us use their big event barn. The barn turned out to be such a perfect venue sheltered from the rain but with plenty of space for our large group and a dozen or so kids to run around.

Sarah gave the shower a woodlands theme, which also turned out to be perfect for our barn setting. I loved her veggie tray owl!

We had meatballs, veggie and cheese plates, pesto kale salad, mini sandwiches, a lovely barley and peach salad made by my friend Emily, and fruit.

VIDEOS

Plus chocolate lollipops my mom brought from Matthew’s Chocolates in Hillsborough.

And the MOST delicious cake!!

Locals if you’re wondering, the cake was from Foods Of All Nations, and they are my new favorite spot for party sheet cakes! We’ve used them for events a few times, and the cream cheese frosting is a unique style. I’d call it a cross between traditional cream cheese and buttercream. It’s not too sweet, but also not too cream cheesey either. Everyone raved about it, myself and end piece included : )

We also bought lots of cider, and had lavender lemonade for the kids and pregnant ladies : )

Mazen had a great time running around. I think that cheese slice and cracker were all he had for lunch before he ate cake! :wide eye emoji:

There were a host of men/husbands/dads and kids, but they weren’t camera friendly : ) We didn’t want an emphasis on games or gifts – just time with our dearest friends.

My friend Carly is due 3 weeks ahead of me! “We are the women in black” (sung to the Men In Black theme song!)

We opened some gifts at the end, and Baby B got some super cozy sweet outfits, swaddle blankets (because Mazen isn’t sharing his!) and practical items that I needed after being out of babyland for five years.

Photo credit: Mr. Patrick Collins, baby shower photographer extraordinaire 

Thanks to my BFFs for all the love <3



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2xjJHpn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049