Weekend Of Exclamation Points

Our weekend had the perfect balance of fun events and downtime! On Friday night we went to the Nest County Fair, which is an annual party that Nest Realty puts on as a thank you to all of its customers. They have a BBQ buffet catered by the BBQ Exchange, local beer and wine, tons of kids activities, live music, and THAT CAKE!

We walked downtown because it was such a nice night. Still humid, but not too hot.

The line to get in was long, and the food line was filling up, so we made a bee-line to eat right away. So glad we did because the line got longer and longer and longer! Yum, yum.

Let me tell you about this cake!! It was 10′ x 10′ and made by Paradox Pastry. I heard that they used 60 pounds of sprinkles! I have never seen anything like it, and you can imagine how long I spent just starting at its beauty.

They were cutting the slices huge too!! I shared this with Thomas, and we still couldn’t finish it. But my gosh would I give anything for a few bites right now!

The walk home totally wore me out and I had to stop and bend over to rest my abs a few times! I’m sure passersby thought I was in labor bent over like that. Baby B is getting really heavy in there. Mazen and I have been reading him this truck book together each night (Mazen shows him how to lift the flaps even though he can’t see them 🙂 ) After Mazen was in bed, I took a cold shower and got right into mine.

Saturday AM breakfast sandwich with bacon and egg plus nectarine.

Morning family Lego building. Gussie pulled his weight too.

We headed out for the UVA game at noon! Lauren had six tickets to share, so we took the kids to their first football game! (Technically this was Mazen’s second game, but he doesn’t remember his first.)

We had pizzas for lunch.

And great seats – with a wall to lean against. Thank goodness because I’m not sure how long I would have lasted on bleachers otherwise.

T surprised me with some Ben & Jerry’s at halftime!

The kiddos did well through the third quarter and then they started to melt, so we left a little early. Good win for the Hoos though!

Some nice tailgaters offered us balloons on our way out, and they were a bit hit. Where’s Mr. Sawyer?!

Mazen went over to Matt’s the the night, and I took the afternoon to nap and pack my hospital bag! More details on what’s going inside in another post : )

I took another shower and got ready for girls night out. Feeling so big these days!

I met four of my GFs at Commonwealth for a long, leisurely dinner. It was so nice to catch up.

Beets with whipped goat cheese and pistachios:

And trout with sauteed spinach and grits:

We shared a little apple cobbler five ways for dessert and called it a night. (Well, some of us did!)

On Sunday we woke up to rain, which kept us cozy most of the day. I went to the gym, a clothes swap with some friends, and to Thomas’s parents’ for dinner with the fam.

Hope your weekend was filled with as many exclamation points as mine!

The post Weekend Of Exclamation Points appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2OKAgFX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub