WIAW + The Good Old Days

Good morning friends!

I remember one of the hardest parts of having a newborn (lack of sleep will always be at the top) was not having a third hand to eat. I take for granted that Mazen and I can sit down and enjoy a meal together these days! I still have to jump up for more milk or an extra napkin nearly every meal, but for the most part we can eat together in peace. I remember the days of shoveling food in because I didn’t know how long he would be happy in his bouncy seat, how long the nap would last, or maybe just dropping crumbs all over his head while I was holding or wearing him. There are so many things that I’m super excited to experience again with a new baby and things that I’m already nervous about, knowing what’s ahead. It’s all the good old days though. (And I’m obsessed with this song! I’m always months behind the rest of the world.)

Playing with his train set for the first time in ages!

Daily Harvest sent me a sample set of their smoothies, and I’ve been loving them. I will definitely be ordering another batch near the time that the baby comes because these are the ultimate new mom breakfast! While I couldn’t justify the cost of one-a-day forever, during periods of stress or busy seasons, these would be a wonderful gift to yourself or a friend.

While obviously making an at-home smoothie doesn’t take that long, sometimes getting the ratios of fruit to milk right are hard. And sometimes you run out of frozen berries. And sometimes you literally don’t have 5 extra minutes in the morning to measure everything out. I love that the DH fruit, veggies, and flavors are pre-measured in the cup and you just add milk of your choice and blend – and then you can enjoy it right in the same cup and not have an extra dish to wash (except that ole blender!) They have a bunch of superfood ingredients too, so they’re different from my usual smoothie flavors. Cauliflower and zucchini are two things I have never added to a smoothie, but I couldn’t taste them at all!

So far I’ve tried and loved the chai and coconut and the dragon fruit + lychee. Both were great. Can’t wait to try the hot harvest bowl too – but I’m saving that for when the baby comes!

If you’d like three FREE smoothies for yourself, you can use my link or discount code: katheats.

We are eating all the caprese sandwiches before the tomatoes are gone! This was on this wonderful rosemary bread from Whole Foods.

Dinner salad with leftover chicken and a pre-made kale mix. We had toast on the side! My wood looks like a leopard because it had just started to rain when I took this pic : )

Two jokes to end the day because Mazen loves jokes these days!

Why didn’t the chicken cross the road?

.

.

.

Because he was a chicken!

 

Why did the lion cross the road?

.

.

.

To get to the other Pride :mrgreen:

The post WIAW + The Good Old Days appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2piizCF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049