High-Protein Vegetarian Meals [Macro-Friendly]

Happy Meal Prep Sunday! 🙂

You guys know I love a good food prep day – and, recently, Mal and I have started to eat a lot more vegetarian-ish. Obviously, we have no intention of giving up meat anytime soon, but we’ve talked a lot about the benefits of a more plant-based diet for our health, environment, and wallets, so we’re giving it a try.

I’ll chat more about our decision in the coming weeks – we’re still trying to figure out what works best for us – but, in the meantime, I wanted to share some of our favorite high-protein vegetarian meals. A number of my nutrition clients as well as participants in the Fall Macro Challenge inquired about high-protein vegetarian eats, so I wanted to share them sooner than later. I hope they inspire your meals this week!

Print

Thai Veggie Burgers

Adapted from Peas and Thank You

Ingredients

1/3 cup rolled oats

1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed

2 tsp coconut aminos

2 tsp lime juice

2 tsp sesame oil

2 tsp minced garlic

2 tsp powdered ginger

2 tbsp creamy natural peanut butter

2 tbsp chopped cilantro

Instructions

In a food processor or blender, grind oats. Add chickpeas, coconut aminos, lime juice, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, peanut butter, and cilantro until well combined yet still slightly chunky.

Coat a large skillet with cooking spray or oil and heat oven medium heat. Divide bean mixture into quarters (approximately 75 grams each) and form each portion into a patty. Fry in skillet for 5-6 minutes on each side.

Top with veggies, ketchup, mayo, mustard, barbecue sauce, pineapple rings, or whatever else you like on your burger. Serve immediately!

Nutrition

  • Calories: 251
  • Fat: 11
  • Carbohydrates: 32
  • Protein: 11

Meal Prep Tofu Cauliflower Stir Fry

I baked some tofu over the weekend, so it was ready to go at lunchtime. Then, I whipped up a quick sauce by whisking together 1 tbsp of creamy Teddie peanut butter, 2 tbsp coconut aminos, and a sprinkle of powdered ginger. I poured the sauce over the tofu and some cauliflower stir fry from Trader Joe’s. Easy and delicious!

Italian Bean Salad

I randomly whipped up this salad the other night, so, unfortunately, I don’t have the exact measurements, but here’s the basic gist of how I made it. I mixed together a can of cannellini beans with hummus, chopped red bell pepper, chopped steam broccoli, crumbled feta, and a little bit of Italian dressing. The end result was delicious!!

4-Ingredient Salsa Breakfast Bake 

I’m loving this breakfast bake lately! It’s so easy to make, seriously delicious, and macro-friendly with 14 grams of protein per serving. I love taking a piece and making it into a quickie breakfast sandwich!

Easy-Peasy Vegetarian Cowboy Beans

I love this recipe for Cowboy Beans – it’s so easy to prep at the beginning of the week for a protein-packed side dish. Just remove the bacon from the original recipe. The new macros per serving (without bacon) are P 8 C 41 F 3.

Banza Chickpea Mac & Cheese

Mealtime doesn’t get easier than this! One serving of the Banza Mac & Cheese has 18 grams of protein – and, my gosh, it’s delicious! I love adding frozen chopped spinach, broccoli florets, and/or baby spinach to the mix for some added nutrients and volume. If you’re not a fan of mac & cheese, Banza makes a whole line of high-protein pastas!

Question of the Day

What’s your favorite high-protein vegetarian meal?

The post High-Protein Vegetarian Meals [Macro-Friendly] appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake https://ift.tt/2R2LN4k

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049