Love By The Lake

One year ago… this amazing man became my husband. I couldn’t ask for a more loyal, giving, supportive, devoted, funny, handsome partner, and I love him more each day. I can’t wait to see him hold our baby – what a perfect anniversary present that will be! 

One year later, we spent our anniversary weekend by a different lake, celebrating more love! Our friends Andrus and Susan tied the knot at Smith Mountain Lake on Saturday. There was a little bit of a question of whether or not we could go when I found out the closest hospital was about an hour drive from where we were staying. But my doctor gave us the go ahead, and we brought our hospital bags and car seat with us – just in case!

We rented a condo at Bernard’s Landing for the weekend. A ton of Thomas’s friends from growing up rented condos nearby, so we had a great time hanging out all weekend. The wedding was held just across this field.

VIDEOS

On Friday night we went as a party of about 20 to a Mexican restaurant at one of the marinas. It was a good time with lots of laughs and a big ole virgin margarita for me!

Saturday was spent mostly relaxing. We had coffee and PB banana toast for breakfast, went for a power walk, and hung out down by the water.

T played four games of volleyball while I did my best to get comfortable in an old hammock = impossible this pregnant.

I didn’t have much of a lunch because the one restaurant was closed and we didn’t feel like driving out for anything, so I had an apple, a Dang bar, and a handful of snacks throughout the day. The ceremony was at 4:30, so we knew we wouldn’t have to wait long to eat.

After showers and curling irons, we made our way to the ceremony!

They had such beautiful flowers that reminded me so much of our own wedding with all the eucalyptus and muted colors!

Husband and wife!

Husband and wife, one year in!

The appetizers were so delicious, especially because hunger is the best sauce.

We had a seated salad with dates, fresh corn, and spiced nuts and then a buffet of delicious food after dark that I didn’t capture in the dim lighting.

THIS!

Was one of the best wedding cakes I’ve ever had. It tasted homemade in the best way!

By the end of the night my feet were so swollen (note the emergency shoe change!) and my whole core ached – back and front. It was not my dancing-ist wedding! However T got me on the dance floor for some Despacito 😉 He and his buddies tore it up out there.

We sent off the bride and groom through a sea of sparklers.

I want to end with this beautiful quote that we used in our wedding ceremony a year ago <3

Serving each other is integral to love.

‘Love is mutually feeding each other, not one parasitically living on another.’

Love calls us to abandon ‘the scales that obscure our vision,’ scales of selfishness that obscure ‘our equal humanity.’

Love rejects ‘the notion that we’re ranked rather than linked.’

Love says, ‘I’ll walk with you.’

Love does not keep score and demand, ‘Pay me that thou owest.’

Rather it invites us to say, ‘Please tell me how I can love you better.’

-William Blake



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2zIeOMQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049