Paleo Morning Glory Muffins

When I worked at the Harvard School of Public Health, there was a little bakery in the Longwood Galleria that served delicious “Morning Glory” muffins, which were packed full of raisins, nuts, and other good stuff. They were HUGE, so I only treated myself to one every once in a while, but it was a muffin I will never forget.

Randomly, those “Morning Glory” muffins popped into my head. I hadn’t thought about them in years, but suddenly I really wanted one, so I had a little fun in the kitchen and came up with my own version. And 10+ years of blogging, this is probably the best muffin I have ever created. In fact, it’s THE most popular recipe on CNC to date. I hope you love these muffins too!

Paleo Morning Glory Muffins

Makes 6 Muffins: 8P/30C/22F

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/8 cup shredded carrot
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup almond flour
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp baking powder

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
  2. Combine mashed sweet potato, shredded coconut, raisins, chopped walnuts, honey, shredded carrots, eggs, almond flour, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl and blend well.

  3. Coat muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray (or use paper liners) and divide batter among six cups. (I personally love silicon muffin pans for baking because you don’t need to coat them with cooking spray or use liners!) 

  4. Bake for 28-30 minutes or until muffins are cooked all the way through.
  5. Allow to cool before serving.

This post was originally published on August 30, 2012 and updated on October 25, 2018. 

Want to eat your carrots and cake, too? Check out my macro plan options

The post Paleo Morning Glory Muffins appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake https://ift.tt/2Q75QyF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub