Day By Day

I’m not really sure what day it is – I think Monday? I know it’s November but it feels like October. I don’t really remember October?! I know Thanksgiving is coming up REAL FAST. Nothing forces you to live in the moment like being a new parent. I can only look ahead maybe 1-2 hours because life is so unpredictable! I am slowly emerging from my nest, and it’s felt so good to go out and about!

My priorities each day: first and foremost, shower. I don’t feel alive without a shower and some make-up. Also: a walk or light workout, a tidy house, and snuggle with the babe. Second tier priorities are write a blog post or nap!

On Friday I met some girlfriends at Pippin Hill for lunch. We shared a cheese plate, deviled eggs, a salad, and some vino. It was great to be out and social.

Baby Wilson looked huge next to Little B!

I made a batch of The Best Granola Ever and snacked on it all week. I’m going to make more soon and create a blog recipe page for it. It’s not my recipe, so I’m going to tweak a few things to make it my own!

Breakfast of champions: cheese eggs, chocolate croissant, fruit, OJ, coffee. I wake up starving from a night of nursing!!

Mazen loves chocolate smoothies and has one nearly every school day for breakfast. We make them with peanut butter, frozen banana, chocolate Vega protein, and milk. Thomas often saves the leftovers in a giant jar for me, so when I need a quick breakfast after he leaves for work, I can sip away.

Another super fast option is cereal (pumpkin spice cheerios!) mixed with The Best Granola on top.

We got super cozy on the couch this weekend. I can’t believe how quickly the temps dropped to winter level. See above re: what month is it.

M played a “sleeping bag monster” game for a good hour Sunday morning!

If anyone has gotten a slight smile out of this guy, it’s Mazen! Mazen gets so excited when Birch is awake and alert.

Matt and Mazen made us a delicious quiche for dinner! Along with a pecan pie. The quiche (based on this recipe) had mushrooms, bacon, spinach, and goat cheese and was so good. The homemade crust is the best part.

I had it for dinner and lunch.

Lumi Juice is great when I don’t have time to make big salads. Gotta get those greens in!

I had a delicious Roots bowl that I ran to pick up while Auntie Sarah watched Birch for me – his first babysitter! He did great, and the bowl was worth the trip.

A friend brought us enchiladas for a meal train meal – delicious with avocado on top!

On Saturday we drove out to Bold Rock to see a friend in his band. We didn’t realize they were having a huge festival in honor of Virginia Cider Week.

I got a little anxious with so many people not so much about germs because I am super careful not to touch anything and wash or sanitize my hands frequently but just because I didn’t know where we would sit! But we found the Barrel Barn nearly empty and were able to relax there for a while. I use a nursing cover in public, and while it’s not as easy as being at home on the couch, it wasn’t too bad.

Thomas and I made spaghetti with meat sauce and salad on Sunday night. Mazen’s favorite!

Last but not least, I’ve gotten in a few good walks but we also went to the gym as a family and Thomas and I traded off walking the track with B while we each did a little cardio. I asked my doctor while I was still in the hospital if light cardio was ok before my 6 week appt and he said yes, especially because I had been active throughout my pregnancy, but listen to my body and keep it low-ish impact. So I did an easy 15 minutes on the stairmaster and it felt great to sweat again! My body is really craving some sweaty workouts, and I’m listening to it. We also bought a used treadmill on Craigslist over the weekend – more on that soon!

The post Day By Day appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2AasxuK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub