Inside Out

Happy One Month Day to Little Birch!! While this month has gone by fast, I can’t even remember what it was like to be pregnant – that feels like ages ago. Each day he gets a little more alert. He’s started cooing and I think we’ve gotten a few real smiles – the kind that involve the eyes and a wide open mouth!

We had Thanksgiving all over again on Friday night in the form of leftovers. Thomas made my plate and I think there was more on it than on actual Thanksgiving! I still managed to eat most of it though. Breastfeeding hunger makes my appetite XL.

VIDEOS

We had leftover turkey + cranberry + cheddar sandwiches twice over the weekend. I much prefer turkey on a leftover sandwich than on a plate with gravy!

Thomas grilled wings on Friday while we watched All. The. Sports. Tiger + Phil’s golf match, UVA football (so sad of a loss!) and UVA basketball. We had some friends over to keep good company : )

Their dad game is strong <3

Wings, salad, mac and cheese.

Doing some tummy time to prime those sports muscles!

I’ve been eating all the oatmeal for breakfast and even making steel cut in the rice cooker so that it’s ready when I am to eat. This bowl was mix with butter, brown sugar, banana, peanut butter and candied pecans.

And of course the cranberry sauce made a double appearance! Once with cottage cheese and almond butter:

And once with yogurt and almond butter. A triple oatmeal weekend. (I also find steel cut oats re-heat really well, so I cooked a large batch on Saturday and had them Sat + Sun + Mon for breakfast.)

Sunday lunch was turkey + cranberry sandwich #2 with pretzels and grapes.

My snacking game has been strong too, and Thomas and I recently rediscovered the deliciousness that is saltine and PB cracker sandwiches. (I’m craving peanut butter and almond butter like it’s my job these days. That’s definitely my strongest postpartum craving.)

Peanut butter pretzels (see the trend?)

And some chocolate pretzel sea salt Bark Thins for dessert. So good! Also: this “snacking chocolate” has made a great quick snack!

Healthy lunch plate! I am craving salads, but they are harder for me to make (or for Thomas to make me) than other lunch options. So I finally made a sesame oil massaged kale salad that we ate a few meals in a row. I love a good massaged kale because it holds up in the fridge well.

On Saturday we didn’t leave the house – it was cold and rainy and gross outside. Thomas and I watched The Greatest Showman (which we loved!) and Mazen came home from Durham to join us for dinner. Ribs + kale salad + the last of the sweet potato casserole.

On Sunday we had sunshine and 60 degree temps so we spent most of the day outside! We took a 3 mile family walk with Mazen on his bike, Gus on his leash, and Birch in the stroller. We were like a parade!

We took the long route through the neighborhood that went by a playground for a play stop for the boys.

B ended up being awake for a good portion of the walk, but he was happy!! I took off his car seat cover so he could look around at the sights and take in the fresh air. He really loves fresh air and it often calms him when he’s fussy if we step outside onto the deck.

The weekend ended with lots of brother snuggles…

And a tuckered out dog!



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2TMKE36

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049