KERF Lately: Food + Activity + Bod

On the one hand it’s hard to believe we’ve had a new baby for 2.5 weeks, and on the other hand it feels like it’s been a month! Little B isn’t even 3 weeks old yet – he is still so young! Yet being pregnant feels like a very distant memory. I have a post in the works about becoming a mom of two, but until then I wanted to share some of the meals we’ve been eating and my progress on the activity front!

Yummy Meals

We’ve had some dear friends bring us meals, which has been so nice. Not only are we fed for dinner, but I’ve been living off the leftovers for lunches as well.

Turkey enchiladas + chopped salad

VIDEOS

Broccoli + cheese + bacon soup

Butternut squash soup + crusty bread

Pie Chest pot pie + salad

Sticks kebobs buffet!

Homemade burgers made from our most recent Butcher Box order with a simple pear spinach salad

Chocolate chip whiskey pie from The Pie Chest

Breakfasts have been the usual rotation of eggs, oatmeal, and smoothies. Plus Great Harvest pancakes for everyone on a Sunday morning!

Baked goods from Albemarle Baking Co!

Sub-Zero Superfoods (a smoothie delivery company) sent me some of their blend-at-home smoothies, and I have been loving them. It’s great to be able to make breakfast with one hand on the days when I’m solo.

This flavor has been my favorite (and that’s an extra large jar!!)

Thomas and I ventured out last week and went to Three Notch’d on a whim for lunch. I was prepared for Birch to wake up at any minute (he was asleep in his car seat) and he slept through the whole lunch!

Pretzel bites

Tiny beer (SO yum!)

Fall pumpkin salad

Activity

I have been slowly easing back into activity. The weather has been really cold and rainy so I haven’t been able to take as many walks as I’d like. But one day we went to ACAC where I walked around the track for 45 minutes! It was weird to be back – I miss that place! I also can’t wait to do sweaty exercise again, but I know I’m not there yet. I also don’t know if I’m going to be putting Birch into KidsZone until after cold + flu season is over, so it might be a while before we get to the gym regularly. I’m trying to figure out a way that I can go without him, like if I can squeeze in a noon workout on Thomas’s lunch break, maybe just once or twice a week for a class and do the rest of my workouts at home or outside on nicer days. I don’t think I’m going to have the energy to go at 5 am or 5 pm. I would also love to have a treadmill at my house for this winter, but I’m not going to buy one for such a short season of life. But that would be so convenient. I should ask around if anyone has one I could borrow (or just rent??) for the winter.

I did go on a long outdoor walk one day when I was getting cabin fever. It was my longest walk yet and it felt great. I am halfway to my 6 week appointment, and I think it’s going to take that long to want to do high intensity exercise again. It’s actually not my energy that is lagging – it’s my pelvic floor (I think!) I can tell I just need to ease in. This is the car seat cover. It’s great for winter! It fits over the seat like a shower cap and does not impact the straps so it’s safe for automobiles too.

My Bod

I’m not putting any pressure on myself to workout right now. In fact, I’m not putting pressure on anything for the first six weeks. These days are the hardest (and sweetest!) and I just do what feels right in the moment, whether that’s a nap or a walk. I’m also just eating intuitively whenever hunger or a craving strikes and letting things settle where they may for now. I’m feeling really good and very much like my old self already and that is what matters most. I feel no rush or desire to fit into old jeans or wear a bikini anytime soon (or ever?!) I don’t even know where my jeans are! I think they’re in a bin in the back of the guest room closet with a sticker that says “do not open until 2019.” I am happy to live in my Align leggings for now : )

We accidentally wore our matching jammies the other night! Thomas dressed B in his and I was simultaneously putting on mine. The fabric is so soft! I like them more now that my body has shrunk a bit more : )

Hope you guys have a great weekend!



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2KfgXn3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049