Adventures of Snow Dog

Raise your hand if you’re excited for snow!

(Not me. I like my sidewalks clear and temps above 50 please…) After going back and forth between a lot of snow and no snow at all, Winter Storm Diego finally got us.

VIDEOS

Rewinding back to Friday….oatmeal for breakfast! With cottage cheese, bananas, and PB. I’ve been adding cottage cheese to my rice cooker oats because I can’t add milk if they’re going to sit out all night. So I make the oats with water and bump the protein/flavor with either cottage cheese, yogurt, or extra milk on top in the morning.

Our weather was great on Friday, and Birch and I walked downtown to go to the mothers group at Bend yoga.

Leftover chicken noodle soup and pita chips for lunch.

On Friday evening, Thomas and I were in for a real treat!! My facial friend Alyssa recommended her friend Ainslee who owns Hands of Healing Cville and does house calls. My upper back has been killing me since B came from breastfeeding, holding and wearing him all the time, but I didn’t know how I would be able to get a massage since I can’t leave him for long or bring him to a spa. I booked back-to-back massages for Thomas and me, and as you can imagine, it was the best thing ever! Ainslee brought her table, table warmer (!), sheets, blankets, and music.

Not only was it absolutely amazing to roll off the table, put on sweatpants, and simply be in my home, but Ainslee’s massage was probably the best I’ve ever had!! Thomas agreed. She did some amazing trigger point work on my upper back, and I felt so much better afterwards. Her rates are totally competitive with spas, so I don’t know if I will ever seek out a spa appointment again! I especially loved getting a massage in the evening, something I’m not sure I’ve ever done. Talk about an ideal date night in!

We had the last of the quiche and kale salad for dinner, and snuggled by the tree. That chorizo quiche was SO good!

Saturday AM breakfast was cheesy eggs, toast and OJ.

We hung around the house for most of the day doing chores and chillin’. Old Man Mazen doing some sketches :mrgreen:

I finished up my Plenty food for lunch.

On Saturday evening I had a holiday party invite and went out for the first time! Mazen mid floss <3

Beforehand I had dinner with the boys. We had some really yummy potstickers Eileen got us at Costco with rice, peppers, kale and a homemade teriyaki sauce.

Before you think I forced Thomas to say home and babysit, we had discussed plans for this evening for a while including no one going and getting our first babysitter. We decided together that I’d help get Mazen into bed and then I’d head out for just a bit, so it ended up working out just fine. Birch got a bottle, and I was home by 10pm and pumping.

It was very fun to be out with my girlfriends again!

On Sunday we woke up to the promise of snow flurries…which turned into a blizzard!

Birch didn’t seem to notice, but for the big boy the snow was VERY EXCITING!

(Magnetic Birch-themed jammies are here!)

Guess who else loved the snow!?

Thomas took Mazen out sledding with the neighbors mid-day and then they went to the UVA bball game together.

I had the last of our soup and crackers for lunch cozy inside.

When the boys arrived back from the game, I took Mazen out for round II of snow fun.

Back inside we got cozy on the couch.

We played “UVA sale” before bedtime.

And had breaded chicken with green beans and rice for dinner.

Snow dog is ready for day II!



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2Ga6ieQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049