Keto Masterclass Testimonial: Newfound Confidence and Motivation

Testimonial written by: Kendal

When I met my husband in 2014 he introduced me to the world of Paleo. He himself began eating Paleo a few years prior after hearing about Robb’s book in a podcast.

I remember seeing a copy of The Paleo Solution sitting on the end table in his living room one of the first times I came over to his home. My first thought was oh great, he’s a health nut. I worried that my love for sandwiches would be end up being a deal breaker for this health conscious guy but that wasn’t the case at all.

Whether it was sharing a story he’d heard on a podcast that morning or cooking us a healthy dinner in the evening, throughout the next year of dating he politely showed me what it was like to eat healthier. We got married in 2016 and though I definitely tried to stick with these healthy ways of eating I still struggled.

In October of 2016 I decided to try the autoimmune protocol (AIP) to try to heal my guts health. My digestive system was always something that had given me problems.

One day I heard about AIP on The Better Everyday podcast and figured it was something I should definitely try. I ended up feeling so much better a couple months in (and ended up shedding some pounds as well!).

By February of 2017 I was down to my lowest weight I had reached in a very long time and was feeling healthier and stronger. The end February we received wonderful news that we’d be expecting our first baby. I was over the moon with happiness!

A few months into my pregnancy we found out I had a condition called Vasa Previa. It’s very dangerous for the mother and baby if not handled the right way and needless to say I was scared and very stressed.

Along with that stress came old eating habits and I ended up gaining almost 60 lbs by the end of my pregnancy. Thankfully God had a wonderful plan and though she came to us a few weeks early we finally got to meet our baby girl on November 3 of 2017.

After her arrival I knew I needed to really get back on the health wagon. I had no idea just how hard that would be. And honestly it took me 9 months to finally really buckle down and try to get healthier.

By the time I was 10 months postpartum I was no longer breastfeeding and I knew I wanted to look into the keto way of eating. I had seen articles on Pinterest and folks on Instagram posting their transformations and recipes and it really caught my attention.

I shared this interest with my husband and he was totally on board. After gaining some “baby” weight himself when I got pregnant he also wanted to shed a few lbs and get back to a healthy routine of eating.

One day he got an email from Robb sharing about a discount he had going on Keto Masterclass and we hopped on that wagon and purchased it.

We began listening to the modules and really dove into the knowledge Robb had to share.

We purged our pantry of everything that could be tempting/not on the plan and gave most of it away to other family members.

We began making weekly plans of meals we wanted to have and kept it simple.

I loved the ways Robb explained how to make one meal into something more interesting for a couple nights. Whether it was different seasoning or a sauce. Having variety was key to our success.

We fortunately didn’t endure the “keto flu” too badly but I think a big reason why we didn’t was our consumption of electrolytes. We both try to drink it everyday and definitely know when we miss a day!

The first time I put on my pre pregnancy jeans to take our “before” pictures I was so shocked just how far I’d let myself go. I couldn’t get them up past my hips let alone button them.

I can now say that these jeans fit almost perfectly and that is thanks to keto.

Living this way has been life changing. It has given me confidence I haven’t had in a very long time. It’s given me motivation to work out because I want to get stronger as well as healthier.

Robb said to find “your why” and the moment I had my baby girl she became my why. I want to live the best healthiest life I can for her. To be the example of good health she sees everyday. To watch her grow up. To someday help her as she runs around with her own children. She is my why and Robb has truly helped me achieve the understanding of how to continue in this health journey.

It’s been a wonderful journey and it’s only just begun! I can’t wait to see where I’ll be in a few months.



from The Paleo Diet https://ift.tt/2BksvkT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049