Post Christmas Reds + Greens

Because there are no post-Christmas blues! I am ready to take down the tree, but Thomas said I have to keep it up until New Years this year. (Because last year I took the whole thing down and dragged it outside without telling him first – oops!) Actually we got it a week later this year, so I’m not totally sick of it yet.

We had a lovely rest-of-the-holiday yesterday. Thomas got me this great Yeti coffee mug and a Patagonia down coat for Christmas! Since having Birch I’m a convert to lidded coffee tumblers instead of a plain mug since it takes me longer to drink my coffee. I love the new Yeti and that it is short and squatty with a handle like a mug. I had a quick Daily Harvest smoothie for breakfast today (love the chai flavor!) with some homemade granola on top. (Granola recipe coming Friday!)

Yesterday little B slept the whole trip back to Cville. Look at that smile!!

We had Thomas’s dad’s famous Christmas Pizza for lunch. It’s spinach, beef, and cheese inside a deep dish pizza crust. I need to make this a KERF recipe to share – it’s so delicious!! Gimme all the end pieces.

We opened gifts and did Family Secret Santa #2! We use Elfster for both my family and T’s family. You can enter in everyone’s email address and it will draw for you so everyone can participate. It’s a great little site. I got a cozy pair of LL Bean bootie slippers that were on my list from T’s mom.

Elfster is just for the adults, so the kids got a bunch of great gifts. Mazen loves his new easel. And he opened a microscope and proclaimed “I love science!” That’s my boy : )

Gussie had been staying with his grandparents, and our car was as full as its ever been. I had to hold gifts on my lap during the ride home so Gus could fit!

Mazen opened a few gifts from Thomas and me, and then he went over to Matt’s for Christmas dinner and Santa round II (because Santa knows when you have two houses). T and I were thrilled to have a quiet night at home after all the chaos of Christmas and travel. We unpacked the car, ate more Christmas pizza, poured a little vino, put on our slippers, and watched half of The Holiday.

New booties –>

His hand <3

B slept great last night (I have a post on sleep coming soon) and I got in a quick treadmill workout this morning before T left for work. These days if all I have is 15 minutes I just try to run as fast as I can and make them the most efficient 15 minutes possible!

Lunch was more Christmas pizza – the last of it. Plus a big arugula salad with candied pecans, havarti, Caesar dressing, and red peppers.

B and I are hanging out till big brother and Thomas come home. No idea what’s for dinner – we either need to go to the grocery store or raid the freezer.

The post Post Christmas Reds + Greens appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://bit.ly/2Vd4pSe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049