Speedy Beats

Birch on birch!

{Crib sheet from Target!}

I’m liking these afternoon pop in posts! I know most bloggers post in the morning, but afternoon is the perfect time for me to recap the past day or so after I’ve gotten my life together in the first half of the day.

VIDEOS

Things like eating, pumping and baby care:

Yesterday morning I reheated some oatmeal and topped it with peanut butter and smashed banana.

I had some friends over for a walk in our pretty weather and some chat time inside. We did about 2 miles of walking before coming inside and spontaneously ordering Roots. Three of us babysat while one went to pick it up. The Mayweather is by far my new favorite, still with the BBQ tofu.

Since the weather was great, I convinced Mazen to bike downtown for hot chocolate. (My spirited child needs convincing to do anything these days, even get hot chocolate!)

I had a cafe au lait and tacked two more miles onto the day. Looking like a muscle man in my giant coat.

Dinner was homemade Bolognese with some Trader Joe’s fall themed pasta plus kale salad. Mazen was not into the pasta shape unfortunately, but I loved it.

I think this photo was technically from Tuesday night, but Mazen wanted Birch to snuggle in his bed while we tucked him in. B was so little under those covers!

Birch slept great last night – 5.5 hours + 3.5 hours. I’m loving only having to get up once after doing 3-5 wake-ups the first month. I had to stay off social media while up nursing so I would not be spoiled on the Survivor Finale. This morning my friends came over for breakfast and the finale viewing. We shared a MarieBette mushroom quiche, Albemarle Baking Co raisin bran muffins, plenty of citrus fruit, and coffee. So delicious!!!!

{SURVIVOR SPOILERS BELOW}

I was happy with the Nick win – he was deserving of the title and I liked his personality and life story too. I did think that Mike had a great chance based on his game play though. I’m a little surprised he didn’t get more votes, but I think that was all based on his personality. Angelina – I won’t go there. She was one of my least favorite players in a long, long time! I’m not sure if my winner pick Alison could have beat Nick, but I bet Davie could have. I loved him too! Did you watch?

After the finale Birch and I went downstairs for a workout. Half of the time when I put on loud music and start the treadmill, he falls asleep in his bouncy seat or swing. I got lucky today and he slept for 45 minutes. (Sometimes I only get 10…)

I did a pretty hard and long Aaptiv workout with Ackeem! I kept the incline set to 1% and did a bunch of speed intervals – from walking fast to jogging to sprinting. It was great, and I did the most running (and sweating) I have done yet. Aaptiv has been life changing for me because there is no way I would push myself that hard without a coach! Note the flush!

Post workout I squeezed in a shower and had some Plenty bean soup and a toasted English muffin for lunch with Thomas, who came home on his break.

Lactation cookie for dessert!

I just got my Winc wine shipment for the month. Loving these labels!! You know the wine you bring to a party is all about the label, so I love looking through my collection and picking out a label that fits the theme, either colors or vibe. That bottle on the right – it’s the #TBT blend – is so great for party themes.

Also the “So This Happened…” bottles. I’ve had a ton of their wine and have only had 1-2 bottles I didn’t love (that were just too light bodied or dry for me.)

I just got B to sleep with the Flo Rida Pandora station. It’s his favorite!! Shorty got low, low, low, low…

Fin.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2AaTxLu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049