Boys + Toys

Back to work side eye. Hope everyone had a nice MLK weekend. Thomas worked yesterday but Mazen has off two days. Winter break x 1,000!

The boys and their toys:

VIDEOS

On Friday we often plan for pizza nights. Thomas makes an awesome grilled pizza using Whole Foods brand pre-made dough, tomato sauce, mozzarella and whatever veggies/toppings we have on hand. This week it was jalapenos, pepperoni, and artichokes! Plus I made a kale salad with lacinato kale, peppers, tomatoes, and Cava hummus for a creamy dressing.

On Saturday morning I got up early to meet these lovely ladies at the gym. I had a peanut butter + banana + coffee breakfast before I left. It’s weird – if I have even one small bite of vegetables or meat in me I feel soooo full and can’t do cardio, but fruit/fat/coffee/bread/cereal – none of them bother me at all and I can jump around within 30 minutes of consumption.

This is my new favorite workout tank. Luckily it’s only $11-15, depending on the Old Navy sale of the day. I bought two more over the weekend! I like that the fabric is thick, that the mesh and high cut keeps cleavage concealed, that it’s long enough to cover the booty, and that it’s so inexpensive.

Saturday second breakfast was an omelet and mango. I needed it!

We had a super cozy Saturday complete with freezing temps and drizzly rain. T and I snuggled with B on the couch while Mazen went to Matt’s for the night.

I had a quesadilla and leftover veggies for lunch.

We took a family nap : )

And then rallied to Three Notch’d for the Duke v. UVA game! I’ve been a Duke fan since before I was born but a UVA fan since moving to Cville in 2010. So I root for both teams. But when they play each other, I gotta go with my Duke loyalty. I said to a friend that morning: “I hope Duke wins but only by one basket so UVA gives them a good fight.” And that’s exactly what happened! It was a good nervous energy-filled game. PS. Mazen Duke ONLY roots for UVA now!

I had a beer, fish n chips, and a really awesome poached pear and blue cheese salad split with Thomas for dinner.

Little B slept most of the game in the Boba carrier <3 He had a late bedtime at 9:30 and then slept 7.5 hours straight to 5:30am!

On Sunday morning I had leftover tropical farro bowl for breakfast (you’ll be seeing this again very soon as a recipe!) and lots of coffee. I can’t get enough coffee these days!

I took Mazen to the gym and met Sarah for a calm yoga stretch. I was really sore from ath con the day before!

Lunch was a big salad with all the leftovers: chicken, veggies, potatoes, kale, baguette.

We made fluffy slime in the afternoon. I usually just Google the recipe. They all call for Elmers Glue, shaving cream, baking soda, food coloring (we used red sprinkles actually!) and this contact solution.

It’s actually not that messy once it comes together! And the shaving cream made it extra fun.

Sunday night we had Butcher Box steaks on the grill, roasted broccoli, and leftover potatoes with sour cream. An all American dinner. PS. Mazen LOVES steak! He ate his whole plate and some of mine.

the end.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://bit.ly/2R2Sy5H

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049