Gym, Swim, Library

Gym, tan, laundry anyone? 🙂

Quinn and I were all business with our gym, swim, library morning. I was up and at ’em that morning at 4:01 AM to get a jumpstart on work. Thankfully, Quinn slept until almost 6:30 AM, so I got a solid 2.5 hours of work. I sort of feel like a crazy person getting up at that hour, but I know our “Quinn and Mumma” days are limited. Of course, I know that I’m super lucky to even have the option to spend the day with my kid, so waking up insanely early isn’t all that bad. Plus, I often go to bed at 8:00/8:30 PM, so it works out, and I know it’s only temporary.

After my celery juice, I whipped up a batch of microwave steel cut oats, which are a favorite new breakfast because they’re SO EASY to make, take less than 5 minutes, and include super satisfying protein (5g), carbs (27g), fiber (4g), and so much deliciousness! And, of course, I added a scoop of Teddie to the mix. I mean, do people even eat oatmeal without nut butter? 😉

Quinn ate an “Elmo bar,” banana, and drank some milk for breakfast. Once we were both ready to go to the gym, he grabbed some silver slime for the ride! 🙂

He also grabbed “Tiny Eagle” and put him in his coat to keep him warm! Aww, so cute! 🙂

Packed up and ready to go!

The first stop of the morning was the gym. Quinn played in the playroom while I took a Body Pump class. Ever since working with Zen Den, I’ve reduced the loads that I put on my back – just because it compresses my spine so much. We’ve worked really hard on decompressing and untwisting my spine, so it just doesn’t make a lot of sense to do the opposite in workouts. Plus, my back has never felt great doing back squats, etc. Although, all of my practitioners at Zen Den have encouraged me to continue to exercise and attribute my overall back health to my activity level!

After the gym, we went right to Goldfish for their open swim hour. Quinn TOTALLY impressed me with his new swim skills. I taught him how to do a Pencil Dive, which parlayed into him learning how to “push off” the floor of the pool and THEN him swimming under the platforms that they use for lessons. I almost had a heart attack the first time Quinn did it. The platforms are only 5 feet across or so, but, still, my baby was swimming under water, under a platform, and I couldn’t see him. Quinn also learned how to dive for a plastic ring that was at the bottom of the pool (in 4 feet of water). I’m still so impressed and proud of him. He’s come such a long way in a short amount of time!

After swimming, we swung by the library to return some books and pick out new ones. While at the library, Quinn found a plastic dog that got him a coupon for a free (donated) book. He was pumped!

He picked out a LEGO Ninjago book and couldn’t have been happier with his selection! 🙂

Back at home, we ate lunch together.

On the menu for me: Leftover ground chicken mixed with peppers and onions, cauliflower stir fry from Trader Joe’s, roasted sweet potatoes and onions (made in my air fryer), and peanut sauce drizzled on top. It was seriously delicious and quite macro balanced! 🙂

Speaking of which, I recently updated my 8-Week Macro Diary with some recent meals and MyFitnessPal tracking. Check it out if you’re curious about “real life” tracking!

P.S. If you’re interested in the next Master Your Macros Challenge, a second group is starting on February 4th. If you’re potentially interested, just enter your email address here!



from Carrots 'N' Cake http://bit.ly/2QPBL5Z

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049