Lately

Bye bye tree!! Thomas and I took the Christmas decor down this weekend. I am loving how open the room is again, obviously. She was a good tree, but 3 weeks is plenty of bonding time with her 😉

We’ve been doing lots of indoor crafts this week – Play Doh drive-thru, slime making, drawings.

We had visits from Uncle John and Uncle Dave! (Thomas’s friends)

The above was this weekend at Kardinal Hall where we went to meet up with friends. B took a pumped bottle and slept in the Solly for a good part of the time. Mazen and I played Uno! (Hairstyle by Matt…!) M also played well with the other kiddos in our group outside. (This card holder is a must for kids!)

I had a salad with a sausage on top for an early dinner. Sausage isn’t a very pretty salad topper – lol!

Typical breakfast display. Daily Harvest smoothie, coffee, pump, computer.

Typical lunch display: ROOTS!!! I gotta have a bowl at least once a week since discovering the satellite pick-up spot. A bowl is $10 and lasts me through two days of lunches, so I’m calling that a good deal for how much delicious food they pack in! On top is BBQ tofu and sweet potatoes – so good!!

I went on an outdoor run with an Aaptiv workout and did interval sprints. I pretty much feel like my old self working out again. Also I’ve been borrowing Thomas’s AirPods and am totally sold on them now. More on that soon!

Lunch buffet: leftover smoothie, pita chips, yellow peppers, PB&J toast. I forgot to read all of my magazines during the holiday season and now I am skimming them because I do not care about trees or gift guides – d’oh!

On Sunday Thomas made our favorite baked eggs dish with muffin, pear, and grapefruit on the side.

For Sunday night dinner we grilled steaks from Butcher Box and had baked potatoes and beans on the side. I tried the potatoes in the Instant Pot and had to do two cycles to get them cooked through. Still figuring out the optimal timing for them. I have sweet potatoes to try next! (This just in: Butcher Box is now going to be including wild salmon in its offerings!!)

Thomas made a THIRD batch of Gimme Some Oven Molasses cookies, and I had to have one warm smashed into ice cream. The best!

And they lived happily ever after Christmas!

The post Lately appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://bit.ly/2LIBZLh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub