Seven Ate Nine

Birch rollin’ into the weekend like….

He looks so much younger there at just one month old! He’s closing in on 3 months and definitely not a newborn anymore! We’re also back to 4/5 hour stretches after doing those 7,8,9 hour nights. Bummer, I had a feeling it wouldn’t last, but getting up to nurse just once is still pretty good. I am definitely more well rested now than I was at this point with baby Mazen.

 

VIDEOS

Daily Harvest invited me to be one of their Tastemakers, and I have a little welcome page with my top smoothie favorites here. You can always get free smoothies on your first order through any referral link. I recently tried the mango papaya one and was transported to the tropics. Plus granola on top!

I am still loving ordering lunch staples from Plenty. This week I had kale salad and quiche on hand (and last week the wild mushroom soup was incredible!) Della’s quiche crusts are the BEST! I’ve been ordering a half quiche and that will get me two lunches and a dinner (usually on a soccer night when T and I eat casually).

Exhibit B:

Thomas and I pull Butcher Box items from the freezer when we’re not eating Plenty. He hot-smoked some salmon from Butcher Box (they have wild salmon now! Get it free here) on the Big Green Egg recently and it was delish. Plus Quaker Grits with shredded cheese and a homemade kale salad with lacinato kale, goat cheese, honey mustard dressing, and candied pecans.

Mazen’s favorite: spaghetti with meat sauce (Grass-fed ground beef from Butcher Box). We use jarred sauce as a short cut and often pick more small-brand kinds from Whole Foods.

Since we’re in the middle of boot season, I have a sandal update for you! I’ve had my Mirror Birkenstock Gizehs for a while now and they were starting to look really rough. The “mirror” effect was gone and cloudy (and cleaning them did not help), the sole was cracking (repairing would have cost too much), and to be honest I think they were always a little too big for me! (A size 39, which is an 8 – 8.5, I am an 8). SUPER comfortable though, so I knew I wanted a new pair at some point. I wanted to get black which looked a little dressier in my opinion and to try the next size down.

I found the black ones on sale at Amazon of all places (I checked Zappos, etc. first) for $75. I got the next size down (38s, or 7-7.5) and they fit much better. No more hobbit foot! Now I just have to travel somewhere warm to wear them : )

Workouts This Week

A lil somethin’ everyday:

Sun: Couples HIIT + strength workout with Thomas!

Mon: Treadmill run with these two back to back from Aaptiv:

Tues: Gym session at 4pm while T’s mom babysat Birch. I did the sauna, 10 minutes on the Stairmaster, and a bunch of laps “walk one, run one” style with two friends.

Wed: Treadmill workout at home

Thurs: Evening soccer game!

Junk TV Updates

I’m on to season 5 of Southern Charm. It’s such a good breastfeeding show!

Things that I find hilarious:

  • JD’s laugh
  • Thomas speaking French in his exaggerated accent
  • Whitney calling Key West a “sh!thole” and using long vocabulary words
  • Patricia’s sarcasm

There are so many crazy things happening. The show isn’t scripted……right?

Did you know they were researching a Southern Charm for Charlottesville? I had a few friends meet with producers, but I think the show fell through. (This was over a year ago). It sure would have been crazy to have in our town, but I think it would also be fun.

Finally, Thomas and I finished the Dirty John TV show. If you haven’t listened to the podcast, do that first. And then watch the show (on Bravo). It was SO GOOD!

With those two shows at the top of my list, I haven’t started watching the Bachelor. I’m feeling very luke warm about Colton. But maybe I’ll start that when I finish Southern Charm and just skip all the dumb first episodes full of drama and group dates. I also still have 3-4 old seasons of Survivor to watch, so that might take priority!

It’s easier to watch TV while I nurse, but I try to read a little before bed each night. I’m still working my way through this book and it’s so good! My brain feels a little mushy though, so I’m thinking I should read Michelle Obama’s book next : )

One of my favorite quotes!



from Kath Eats Real Food http://bit.ly/2sA1uWE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049