The Friday 5

And just like that, it’s February 1st!

Holy cow, was January the craziest month ever or what? I thought the holiday season was nuts, but January totally blew it out of the water. But, this year, unlike previous years, I was happy and not insanely stressed about it. Ok, sure, I felt overwhelmed at times, especially working at odd hours of the day (4:00 AM is honestly a nice time to work if you can get to bed at a reasonable hour), but running my own nutrition business is much more enjoyable this time around – and the hard work is finally starting to pay off! πŸ™‚

In December and January, CNC Macro Plans + Coaching grew by 151 new clients. Incredible, right? I also hired a new coach (we’re now a team of 4) and added a few new nutrition offerings (with more to come). Needless to say, I was BUSY, but I’m so excited to continue the momentum throughout 2019 (and beyond)!

Anyway, since it’s Friday and all, I wanted to share my top 5 favorites from the week, so let’s get right to it!

Today is a good day of life – Quinn said this quote on New Year’s Day morning while eating a croissant. It made me so happy about the year ahead that I had it framed (via Etsy). It now hangs on the wall in my home office as a reminder that everyday is a good day.

Knit Lululemon Wunder Under High-Rise Tights – So, I’m a super creep and saw a woman at Goldfish wearing these tights as I watched Quinn’s swim lesson. They looked warm and cozy and like a hybrid leggings+pants that I’d wear a ton. The woman had a Lululemon bag hanging on the stroller that she was pushing, so I Googled “Lululemon knit leggings” on my phone and immediately found this pair. Success! I sent the link to Mal as an idea for Valentine’s Day, but he ended up surprising me with them over the weekend. (He was probably just excited that I cared enough about fashion to send him a link!) The tights are a little long, so I went to have them hemmed at Lululemon yesterday. I cannot wait to get them back and wear them!!

Thrive Market Organic Chicken Box – We eat a lot of chicken in our house, so I’m loving the Organic Chicken Box from Thrive Box lately. The quality is great, and it’s priced right at just $3.19/serving. Awesome, right? I also love having a stash of chicken in the freezer for whenever we need it. Did you know you can throw frozen chicken right into your instant pot?

Brandless diapers – Quinn’s been out of diapers for awhile now, but I love that Brandless is now selling them. They’re super affordable, hypoallergenic, fragrance free, certified organic, and delivered right to your house. I wish we had this option when we were in the diaper phase! We’ve placed 3 orders with Brandless now, and we’re definitely fans! The microwave steel cut oats, organic Vermont maple BBQ sauce, and salt & vinegar kettle chips are some of my favorites! πŸ™‚

Super Bowl Macro “Game Plan” – I recently posted this image in the CNC Nutrition & Accountability group and thought it might be helpful to share it here too. I often receive questions from nutrition clients about how to track macros when you have a special occasion on your calendar. Since the Super Bowl (GO PATS!) is just days away, I wanted to share my macro “game plan” for the day.

Question of the Day

Who do you want to win the Super Bowl? 

P.S. Here’s a bonus favorite from the week: How to Overcome Mom Guilt as an Entrepreneur Parent.

The post The Friday 5 appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake http://bit.ly/2Be8SeZ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049