Instant Pot Mac & Cheese

You guys I tried it. And it was as great as they said it would be!!!

You’ll have to go over to Pinch Of Yum to find the recipe because that’s the one I used almost to a T. The only differences were that I had regular pasta instead of whole wheat (I wanted whole wheat but T came home with regular, which was fine) and I used 2% milk instead of whole milk. Turned out great!

You simply put a pound of pasta plus some butter and 4 cups of water in the IP.

Pressure cook for 4 minutes. You can see that some of my pasta pieces were a little uncooked around the edges making them a little crunchy. But after stirring the starchy water around, adding cheese, and milk, I never noticed any crunch in the finish dish. I think they finished steaming while the mac was on warm until it was time to eat.

To your cooked buttery pasta you just add cheese and milk! SO SIMPLE.

Ta-da.

My mind was seriously blown at how easy this was. Never will I waste time draining water or squeezing out cheese sauce again! (OK I might in a pinch so don’t hold me to it…!) We had this as a side with dinner many times last week. I’d love to add some broccoli florets and/or frozen peas next time, but I have a child who doesn’t like his food mixed, so they might have to be cooked on the side.

Served with Thomas’s smoked pork butt and our prep day roasted veggies.

Want to know something else mind blowing? I discovered that our dishwasher silverware rack can either go in the door (where it’s been since I moved in) OR hooked onto the bottom rack!!! This new way you don’t have to push the bottom rack closed to put a spoon in. The things you learn by reading the manual….which I had to do because our heated dry stopped working and we had to pay $400 to fix the control panel that blew out. Ugh.

The end.

The post Instant Pot Mac & Cheese appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://bit.ly/2Gp8ZHL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049