Some Meals & Some Sneakers

Hi, friends! Happy Hump Day!

Does this week feel like the LONGEST week ever? I actually woke up thinking it was Thursday, so it was a sad realization when it was only Wednesday. Whomp whomp. Anyway… I wanted to share some meals from the week so far as well as a pair of sneakers that I’m loving lately. Oh! And here’s a photo of Murphy who continues to crush pillows like its his job. Maybe he THINKS it’s his job? FYI: The pug pillow is from Wayfair. It’s actually reversible and has a different pug image on the back. The cover is also washable, which key when it comes to pug eye boogers and butt stamps. I know… our dog is disgusting, which is also why I obsessively change our bedding.

MEALS FROM THE WEEK

Breakfast: Microwave steel cut oats from Brandless mixed with ground flax, hemp seeds, collagen, and fresh strawberries with a scoop of Teddie Peanut Butter.

Breakfast: Gluten-free bread with Teddie Peanut Butter and banana slices with an iced coffee made with OWYN protein powder and SO Delicious caramel creamer.

Lunch: Buffalo tempeh, roasted sweet potatoes, rainbow cauliflower, and arugula. I also added some Primal Kitchen Ranch dressing!

Dinner: Instant Pot shredded chicken with coconut aminos, Trader Joe’s cauliflower stir fry mixed with white rice, and steam broccoli.

Snack: Blueberry Protein Mug Muffin from Health Warrior. I actually think this one is my favorite flavor! FYI: Health Warrior is having a flash sale until the end of the month. Save 20% with code REFRESH20!

The sneakers that I’m loving right now are the Hyperion from Brooks Running. They’re actually my second pair, but in a different color. I love wearing them to Orangetheory, GRIT, Body Pump, and any sort of bootcamp-style workout where I’m doing a variety of movements. Lately, I’ve been into treadmill workouts + some strength training afterward at the YMCA, so they’re awesome for a combo workout where I want to run and lift weights.

I also wear the Hypersion to CrossFit on occassion, especially for workouts with 400 meter runs or longer. They transition well to other CrossFit movements, like box jumps, Wallballs, pull-ups, and even barbell exercises, but (!!) they are not made for rope climbs. I learned the hard way and ripped the bottom of my first pair during a workout, so now I just wear the Hyperion for running workouts without rope climbs. Overall though, they’re awesome lightweight running (and racing) shoe!

And just a quick shout out for this Run Happy tank top, which is super cute and just makes me happy! 🙂 It’s semi-fitted, so it’s not too tight or too loose, and it’s made from sweat-wicking fabric to keep even the sweatiest woman (me!) comfortable and dry. I actually have this same tank in heather navy and love it as well!

FYI: If you’re looking for additional sneaker commendations, check out this post with more of my favorites!

Questions of the Day

What’d you have for breakfast this morning?

Do you like tempeh? 

What workouts have you been loving lately? 

What’s your favorite pair of sneakers?

The post Some Meals & Some Sneakers appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake https://ift.tt/2H7YSrh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub