Spoonful Of Life

If you’ve noticed, I’ve been loosely following a blog schedule of weekend recaps on Mon/Tues, two topical posts during the week, one personal/update kind of post during the week, and on Fridays I like to do what I call “spoonful of life” posts. Just a mish-mosh of photos from my life to share: meals, baby, tidbits and tips. So here is today’s spoonful of life!

Birch and I are continuing the Friday trend of mommy & me yoga followed by lunch at Tilman’s. Here he is having a staring contest with his squirrel! He has been so happy in yoga so far (I think we’ve gone to 4 classes). Barely a peep from him!

Obviously lunch afterwards is my favorite part : ) The gorgonzola dressing on this salad was epic!

And that is a bourbon brown butter giant macaron that I shared with a friend. Probably the best one I’ve ever had!

My babysitter comes on Mondays and Wednesdays, and if I am able to get enough work done during naps, I “allow” myself to go to my favorite strength class, which feels like such a treat! I picked up the heaviest weights I could on Monday and my gosh I was sore on Tuesday! B and I went on lots of walks this week because our weather was so mild. I cannot wait for permanent spring!

I’m wearing him in the Boba carrier a lot now, and I think we’re done with wraps. The carriers have so much better back support to me, and are quicker to put on (although not as easy to fit in the diaper bag.) I’m not sure they make the one I have anymore, but I love the looks of the Air, which is the same style but breathable and lightweight.

A yummy lunch – kale salad with avocado dressing, leftover pork and sweet potatoes I roasted on the weekend. Speaking of yummy, I watched the first episode of the show Yummy Mummies on Netflix. I can’t decide if I want to watch more. I also started The Bachelor and will probably continue. I hate that I can’t stop watching it.

Birchie is done with swaddling and on to the Merlin sleep suit. I hope to use it for a few weeks and then transition to a regular sleep sack. He’s doing great in the Merlin and did back-to-back nine hour nights earlier this week!

It seems like the days of him falling asleep while nursing in my lap are fewer and fewer. That makes me want to shed a little tear! He’s growing up too fast.

I captured his silly little face he makes when he’s concentrating. The little pursed lips! Mazen used to do the same thing.

I bought some Noxzema randomly and am loving the smell and tingle. Takes me right back to my childhood. My mom is a Nox fanatic, and my grandparents were too. My great uncle took the recipe to Canada, apparently, so it’s a family loyalty.

Mazey brought this book home from his school library, and it’s so sweet! I won’t spoil the plot, but I just love the story line. Look for it at your library!

I had lunch with a friend at Cava recently and ate every bite of this bowl! Big salad bowls with a large variety of toppings are my all-time favorite lunches.

And finally – I love oatmeal for a snack on super cold days. While this week was warmer than most, I enjoyed this cinnamony oatmeal snack with peanut butter on a super cold day last week by the fire. Warming to the core!

The post Spoonful Of Life appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://bit.ly/2TDwT6p

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049