The School Dance

Hi friends! We are slated to have some yucky winter weather ’round here, but I have the false sense of spring because I bought a pair of rocking chairs for our front porch over the weekend. Fake it until you make it, right?!

On Friday night I was Mazen’s date to his first school dance!

Before we left I had a “clean out the fridge” salad dinner. (And he had a spinach + cheese quesadilla!)

Birch ate pretend kale. And milk.

He and Thomas stayed home to snuggle. And keep it simple.

Mazey seemed a bit nervous for the dance, and I had to break out all the embarrassing parent moves to try to get him to smile.

Eventually a cupcake brightened his spirits.

The DJ was great – I was pleasantly surprised that he played a lot of  “cool” songs (like from when I was in college!) and not just kid tunes. Each grade did a little performance to a special song led by their PE teacher, and the kindergartners were the chicken dance!

On Saturday morning I was up with the sun to go to my favorite gym class of the week – my own little dance party!

Brother snuggles before I left. B looks huge, but I think it’s mostly perspective!

I had my usual half banana and peanut butter plus coffee before class. And then more coffee and French toast after!

Thomas’s mom took Mazen out to see the new Lego movie and we relaxed at home for a while. Since I had such a late breakfast, I made Three Bears smoothies for lunch – baby, mama, papa. The small two I put in the fridge for later, and I drank the big one.

When Mazen was home, Matt picked him up and Eileen stayed with Birch so Thomas and I could run over to the UVA game!

It was my first (and maybe only) game of the season! It was a close one but the Hoos pulled it off.

Halftime snack!! I was starving from not having a “proper” lunch.

We got home to this snuggle boy rising from a long nap. We changed him out of his Saturday jammies and into a nice outfit to go out to dinner!

We met up with some friends at Maya for dinner. It seemed like everyone in Cville was out on the town!

Thomas couldn’t wait to dig in to our pimento cheese fritters!!

They are SO GOOD! With red pepper jelly.

For dinner I had crab cakes, collard greens, and cornbread with butter and honey.

Our sweet little baby decided to fill up his diaper right in the middle of dinner, and we had a total outfit blow-out up the back. There was no changing table in the bathroom, and I could only laugh my way through one of the most difficult diaper + whole outfit changes I’ve ever done! Needless to say we both needed a bath when we got home – eek!

After a good night’s sleep, Thomas put on his weekend hat and made this delicious breakfast.

We are obsessed with these biscuits from JM Stock. They come frozen, and 17 minutes at 375 degrees in the toaster oven have them perfectly crispy on the outside and soft and buttery on the inside. I love that you can keep them frozen until you want to have them too – so convenient!

Does Birchie Boo look thrilled with his Kyte sleep sack? We have made some attempts to get from the Merlin suit to sack, and while he falls asleep just fine in the sack, he has yet to make it through more than one sleep cycle. It could just be coincidence because sometimes he wakes up after 34-45 minutes in the Merlin, so we need to keep trying. Sleep sacks are the end goal, and with 4 months on the horizon I’d love for him to be in them soon. I think he is close though!

Mazen and I went swimming at ACAC in the afternoon, and I fit in a workout beforehand.

Hope you guys enjoyed your F + S + SUN!

The post The School Dance appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://bit.ly/2TPpUHs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub