Valentine’s Day With My Boys

I hope you guys had a LOVELY Valentine’s Day! I spent mine with my boys, and it was so, so, so nice!

The day started bright and early with hugs, kisses, and presents! 🙂

Quinn got a really cool Ninja Turtle from Mumma, Dada, and Murphy!

And Mal got a sweet sweatshirt!

After that, Mal left for school, and Quinn and I got ourselves ready for the day. His “Valentine’s Day outfit” was from Cat & Jack (from Target), and I’m obsessed with the pants. This pair of pants has reinforced knees, which are KEY when it comes to a child who adores “knee slides.” The pants also have a real drawstring waist, which is perfect for skinny kids, AND, rumor has it, that Target will replace the pants for up to a year if they rip or wear out (as long as you have the receipt or they were purchased on your Red Card). Oh, and they were only $9!! Ummm, amazing!

A short while later, we were ready for school – complete with Black Panther Valentine’s Day cards.

I dropped Quinn of at school and then got right to work. It was a rest day for me. I committed to a 3-day per week membership at Iron Way, so my body was sore and tired after some tough workouts.

In the late afternoon, I met Mal for drinks and an early bird dinner at Scarlet Oak Tavern. We exchanged cards and then got down to business with cocktails! 🙂

We started with the chips and onion dip, which, apparently, is a “secret” menu item. Every time I share them on Instagram Stories, I get questions about them. They’re not on the menu anymore, so, if you visit, just ask. The chips are seriously some of the best I’ve ever eaten!

For my entree, I order the salmon, which was served over sautéed onions and pureed turnip. Delish!

After our happy hour dinner, we picked up Quinn from school. He had THE BEST time at his Valentine’s Day party. When I asked him about his day, including what he ate for lunch, he replied: “ALL SUGAR!!” Haha!

P.S. I’m finally getting my act together over here and organized my nutrition offerings on the website! 🙂

P.P.S. For those of you not on Instagram (or who don’t check regularly), I added a widget to the top of the blog that shares my Stories in real time. Check it out and follow along! 🙂

The post Valentine’s Day With My Boys appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake http://bit.ly/2Na5u9M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub