Chew On This

Somebody is teething. Red cheeks. Literally cups of drool everyday. And chewing on everything! I love our kale teether. It’s very much KERF approved. Get that boy used to chewin’ on greens! After all, he is a tree :mrgreen:

Breakfasts

I broke out the coconut butter to make some magic shell on my smoothie last week. So good!! This was a Daily Harvest smoothie with a little granola on top too. The granola is key to make the coconut butter clumps that sink to the bottom. There is nothing quite as good as finding one of those in the bottom of your bowl!

I got the idea to put blueberries on my toast at my sister’s house. Loving this little combo before a workout!

These muffins are coming to a blog post soon, but they were great in bowl form! You know me – I like to eat things in weird ways. So it was totally normal for me to eat muffins in a bowl with toppings. Each bite lasted longer. I prefer eating with utensils anyways.

And to complete the variety of breakfasts – eggs, toast, clementine.

Workouts

Still loving my tour of French Polynesia. I’ve passed workout #16 in my 24 days of runs, and I’ve crossed the threshold of having to override the workout and slow the pace. Running at a 6-7 going straight up hill (12 incline!) is HARD! Note how red my face is:

Lunches

Monday’s lunch was an arugula salad with Cava dressing plus green pepper, avocado, cheese, rotisserie chicken, leftover pumpkin cashew sauce and Wheat Thins.

I had some friends for lunch on Tuesday and we made more of the same salads. Dressing, chicken, avocado, peppers, cheese. Wheat Thins on the side! I ate all my good salad toppings at the beginning of the week!

Dinners

Some of these are from last week, but all were so good! Having a few meals from Plenty has been so amazing for weeknights. Never have I eaten so well since having kids. I hope there comes a time again when I enjoy cooking weeknight dinners – maybe when the boys are old enough to cook with me. I lost my love for cooking when I had my first toddler underfoot. It became so much more stressful. I feel a little guilty ordering from Plenty but at the same time, Della’s mantra is that food is self care. Why shouldn’t we take advantage of such an amazing service during this season of life? Plus now that we have two kids we’re dining out a lot less, so our budget is actually about the same. Having less stress around dinnertime has made us all enjoy eating together more. Nothin’ but good has come out of it.

On Monday night we had fish tacos. Seasoned white fish with diced peppers, cabbage and arugula with a homemade dressing, and an herbed crema. So good!

Before dinner, I took Mazen to soccer practice. Look at that stud!

Testing out my new Love Your Melon beanie! (I had to watch You Tube videos to figure out how to wear it properly!)

On the way home Mazen asked what was for dinner. He wasn’t too keen on the fish tacos I described, but he actually asked for sardines instead. (He loves the novelty of eating a whole fish like a bear.) So here he is eating a sardine and cheese burrito. LOL. My child who won’t even eat a blueberry!

Next up in the Plenty line up was this mushroom + quinoa dish. This is the one with that pumpkin cashew dip on top! I added some peppers, leftover chicken and sour cream too.

We also enjoyed this sausage, sweet potato, kale and apple hash. With quesadillas on the side! (Mazen inspired).

And this was my favorite meal from this week – chicken thighs with roasted veggies and the most delicious cauliflower puree! It tasted like coconut!

Lastly we made this one ourselves – lemony baked salmon with a side salad and rice.

Families who snuggle together….! We were missing our big boy, but look at little Birch looking so grown up watching a movie with us!

The dark days of winter are over. Spring is here! (And I am refusing to acknowledge the snowflake in the forecast…)

Have a great weekend!!

The post Chew On This appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2U31uNT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049