Favorite Kid-Friendly Restaurants on the South Shore

Good morning!

I’m still running a bit behind on blog recaps, but, hey, better late then never, right? šŸ˜‰ Here are some highlights from our weekend as well as a list of our favorite kid-friendly restaurants on the South Shore of Massachusetts. I actually get this question about our favorite restaurants quite a bit, and we frequently dine out with Quinn, so I’m more than happy to share our go-to eating establishments that we all enjoy visiting!

Saturday

Quinn was awake bright and early at 4:45 AM on Saturday morning, but I managed to get him back to sleep in our bed. The snuggles were excellent. Around 6:00 AM, he told me that he was hungry (because he refused to eat dinner), so we started our day before the sunrise with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Mid-morning (well, it was like 9:00 AM, but it felt like mid-morning), Mal and Quinn headed to CrossFit while I went to Iron Way for a nutrition talk. The owner and I partnered for a spring “shape up” challenge, so I chatted with participants about macro tracking. Even a year ago, I would have been absolutely petrified to speak in front of a group – actually, I probably would have turned down the opportunity – but I wasn’t nervous at all. I actually really enjoyed sharing what I know about macros! šŸ™‚ I’ve come a long way since the early days of CNC and public speaking!

Saturday afternoon included a trip to the arcade at Starland. That night, Mal and I got a babysitter and enjoyed dinner (and lots of laughs) with our friends at Solstice.

Sunday

Quinn and I were up and at ’em bright and early again on Sunday morning, but, thankfully, not as early as Saturday morning. When Mal was awake, we made a big ol’ pancake breakfast – complete with shamrock pancakes! šŸ™‚

After breakfast, we headed to our friends’ house for a play/hair date. The boys (little and big) hung out while my girlfriend colored and cut my hair. We finished around lunchtime and everyone was hungry, so we drove down to Cask ‘n Flagon for lunch, which is definitely one of our go-to restaurants when we’re dining out with Quinn.

Other kid-friendly restaurants that we love:

  • Cask ‘n Flagon (Marshfield)
  • The Range (Higham)
  • Rivershed (Scituate)
  • Hingham Beer Works (Hingham)
  • Little Carmen’s (Norwell)
  • CAVA (Hingham)

Our impromptu St. Patrick’s Day lunch included wings, wine, and a big ol’ piece of Atlantic salmon served over beets, parsnips, and carrots for me. The salad was actually quite awesome!

Usually, the food at Cask ‘n Flagon is pretty standard, but this salad was REALLY good. I highly recommend it! šŸ™‚

Quinn totally passed out on the drive home, so I’d say it was a successful St. Patty’s Day!

Question of the Day

Local readers: What are your favorite kid-friendly restaurants in the area? 

P.S. This post might be of interest if you’re dining out with little ones: Best Toys To Entertain Your Kid At A Restaurant.

The post Favorite Kid-Friendly Restaurants on the South Shore appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake https://ift.tt/2Y8lIFw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049