Marching Onward

It’s Friday. It’s MARCH. Which means we are marching toward spring and summer and beach trips and playing outside and long warm days. I never want to wish away life, but February…..is just the worst. I’m glad it’s over! We have one month until our spring break trip to the Florida Keys. Hoping for some warm Virginia days in between. (We will probably get two feet of snow.)

Breakfasts

^^ I tried the hazelnut + chocolate smoothie and loved it.

Speaking of the beach, I am reading Where The Crawdads Sing and loving it. I’m still early on in the book, but the imagery and characters had me hooked from the get-go.

Leftover white chocolate chip pancake (Mazen’s favorite) with banana and PB. Staple breakfast this week!

Loving The Treadmill

LOVING my new treadmill!!!! And the iFit workouts. I am working on a whole big post for you guys. The free delivery and assembly via Amazon went very smoothly, and I am so happy with both my choice to get a new one and the model I chose. Stay tuned!

Sleepy B

Baby Birch did his longest stretch of sleep yet at 10.5 hours. Holy moly! He sleeps better than I do these days between engorgement and night sweats. I am holding my breath through the next few weeks that he doesn’t have a major four month regression, but I am also mentally prepared for it.

Naps are hit or miss these past few weeks – anywhere from 35 minutes to 1.5 hours. I never read the last page of this book as it stands. Instead of “Again!” I just read it as “Niiiiinight.”

He has also started to look up at me when I wear him in the carrier. I don’t think he knew it was me up there until recently, and it’s so cute when I catch him staring at me!

Lunches

The pita chip parade continues. I am debating not buying them next week! They are so good on salads as “croutons” though!

This salad had kale, roasted peppers, feta cheese, sabra hummus and Stacey’s Pita Chips.

Ellen and I watched Survivor together, and she brought over these Everything Pretzel Croissant Twists from MarieBette. OMG – heavenly! Served with a spinach and kale salad topped with a wee bit of egg salad, blue cheese, red peppers, and pita chips, obvi.

I’ve also been getting one Roots Mayweather salad each week. It feeds me for two meals and it’s packed with good-for-ya stuff so I totally justify the cost in my head!

Dinners

We took a week off of Plenty last week in anticipation of my parents’ visit (which didn’t happen) but we ordered a few things this week: meatballs, a salmon platter, quiche.

At dinner we’ve been playing a lot of number games with Mazen. One is simply “guess my number between 1 and 1,000” and the other is a digit game where we have to see if we get the digits right in the wrong location or right in the right location. The little tabletop easel he got from Nona for Christmas makes an excellent visual. (This one is similar to his.)

Hope you guys have a cozy weekend!

The post Marching Onward appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2NAosqe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049