Oysters & Bora Bora

Hi there my friends! We had a home town, low-key weekend, and it was much needed. On Friday night I went out with some friends and had a little dinner before I left of vegetarian chili and Irish Soda Bread from Great Harvest. (The best bread they make all year!) I also had some cheese plate and wine while I was out!

Birchie had his four month shots on Friday, so he was not a happy camper on Friday. I love how he peeks out of the Boba carrier to look around!

He didn’t sleep well Friday night but he woke up happy again on Saturday.

After nursing him I had some PB + Banana toast with granola on top and then went to my favorite workout class – 8:00 athletic conditioning with Chris! It’s basically a glow in the dark dance party, and I look forward to it all week (even though it’s hard as hell!)

I had kale salad x2 for lunch with pita chips. My intern Emily and I worked on a recipe for you guys, and this one is coming up soon. The salad was so good I had to go back for seconds!

In the afternoon I went in for a much-needed hair appointment. I tried a new salon – HairSmith & Co. with Holly and had a wonderful experience!

Late Saturday afternoon Sarah and Sylvia came over for a sleepover!

Sarah offered to watch Birch while Thomas and I snuck away for an early date night. It was much needed, and we were so appreciative! (And Sarah loved all the baby lovin’)

The first year we were dating, Thomas and I must have consumed 1,000 oysters. It was our thing all summer, and we always ordered them. So we decided to go to Public for oysters! We couldn’t get a reservation because we waited too late, but the last two bar seats opened up right when we walked ins, so we happily sat at the bar.

I had a Fashionably Late bourbon cocktail, which was a spicy twist on an Old Fashioned. Yum!

We shared a dozen oysters. It had been over a year since I had had a raw oyster due to pregnancy! I didn’t start loving them raw until I learned that is OK and delicious to chew them! I don’t get why anyone would want to swallow one whole?!

We also shared mussels with frites and a winter vegetable salad.

And the beach theme continued with Key Lime Pie!!

Thanks so much to Sarah holding down the fort! These two had a blast.

So where does Bora Bora come into this? We aren’t planning a trip there (I WISH!) but I’ve been running on the French Polynesian beaches everyday for a week through iFit! I joined a 24 day challenge with Coach John called “French Polynesia Fast & Fit Series” and it has 20-25 minute daily runs alternating between intervals, endurance, and inclines on the islands of Mo’orea, Tahihi and Bora Bora. I am LOVING it and I look forward to my workouts each day!

Look how sweaty I got after only 19 minutes of jog, run, sprint intervals!

Afterwards I did a short strength workout before Birch needed to nurse, and then I had a smoothie in a mug topped with granola.

Look who is loving his doorway bouncer!! We pulled it out of the attic yesterday and he seems to really like it.

The post Oysters & Bora Bora appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food https://ift.tt/2EveBxJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049